World Culture & Future Faire: August 15-17. 1PIE Convergence: August 16-17. London Pleasure Gardens, Olympic East London, UK.
Sustainable Technology Showcase
August 15, 16 & 17 in The Global Summit 2012`”Future Faire”
Based in the belief that necessity is indeed the mother of invention, The Global Summit 2012 taps the grass-roots of our planet to source the innovations needed to save it.
Designed to break-down silos of industries through cross-sector collaboration, the Sustainable Tech Showcase accelerates the transfer of disruptive innovations to whole`new markets.
A major attraction of The Global Summit “Future Faire”, the Sustainable Tech Showcase will open to thousands of London Pleasure Garden guests starting Aug.15 and runs parallel to The Global Summit main speaker program (1PIE Convergence) through August 16 & 17.
- Catalyze economic development and climate change solutions
- Demonstrate breakthroughs to the public, businesses, governments, nonprofits, and investors
- Accelerate innovation and dissemination of technologies that resolve our most critical issues
- Investment Forum Mixers and Innovator Presentations link businesses, policy makers & technologists
- World’s first crowd-source investment platform of its kind: Crowdcube
- Global Citizen’s Choice Awards expanding global market awareness and assessment
- Eight Impact Areas: energy, transportation, H20, health, agriculture, waste, ICT & construction
For Innovators & their Teams
2) Participation Fees for Accepted Technologies:
- Invited Scholarship Awards /Exceptional Innovators: FREE
- Academician/ Individuals NON G-8 and G-20: 250PS
- Academician / Individual from G-8 and G-20 countries:500PS
- Industry personnel/Industry w/ Revenue under 1M: 750PS
- Corporations with Revenue of 1M: 1000 Pounds Sterling
3) Exhibitor Benefits/ Accepted Innovators receive following:
- 8’x 6’ space, 6’ table, 2 chairs, 1 outlet (Additional Space Available)
- Listing of non-profit/business name in attendee program
- Listing in online showcase with video
- Participation in ‘Global Citizens Choice Awards’ selected by local and virtual audience
- Opportunity to have technology featured in World’s first crowd-source investment platform: Crowdcube
SPACE LIMITED. To secure your place, please submit you application today. For questions or comments e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org along with date of submission,name, #, e-mail.
THE GLOBAL SUMMIT 2012
3 Days of Social Innovation, Collaboration & Fun.
This July and August, more than three billion people will gather to watch the greatest peaceful engagement between the nations of the world – the 2012 Summer Olympic Games.
Held in peacetime, testing athletes’ physical and moral character, the Olympics are more than a series of sporting events. They are universal symbols of peace, prosperity and sustainability, and the most powerful example of global collaboration.
That is why in its third biennial meeting, THE GLOBAL SUMMIT™, dedicated to uniting the world’s social, economic and environmental movements for a sustainable future, has set course to follow the Summer & Winter Olympics through 2020.
United by the belief, “Through collaboration, powerful changes can happen!”, The Global Summit was launched in 2008 in San Francisco by hundreds of social innovators, sustainable business leaders and organizations. Together they laid the bedrock for a new system of collaboration with the potential to change history.
Welcoming thousands of Londoners, globe-trotters and Olympic fans to a three day an extravaganza of social impact training, innovation showcases, solution councils, and cultural celebrations, THE GLOBAL SUMMIT™ 2012 will be held immediately following the Summer Olympics, August 15-17 in Europe’s premier festival destination, the London Pleasure Gardens (LPG). Developed for the Olympics, through a creative contest by the London Mayor, LPG is just across the Thames from the ExCel Center and within the official Olympic Last Mile Route.
Called to co-create in three main event areas, World Culture, a Future Faire, and 2-day action tank — 1PIE Convergence; The Global Summit 2012 delegates will identify shared values, discover synergies, reduce duplication of efforts, and develop initiatives to catalyze year-round collective impact.
Designed to foster unity through diversity, The Global Summit 2012 multi-event format has something for everyone:
The Future Faire - 15-17 Aug 2012:
Blending its HUB venue space-age architecture with the historical theme of the Pleasure Gardens, The Global Summit 2012 presents a “Future Faire”. A Celebration of Everything Sustainable, it runs day and night hosting an extravaganza of art, a Sustainable Technology Showcase, interactive eco-village and discovery experiences for all.
Art & Culture - 15-17 Aug 2012:
Harnessing the passion of the arts, Live Music, Poetry, Fashion & Dance, a Film Festival(!), and Theatrical performances, are woven through every part of the Summit. Highlights include Italian singer, dancer, cultural icon, Alessandra Belloni in her latest off-Broadway Masterpiece, TARANTELLA Spider Dance, Composer Richard Shulman’s epic Dream of Camelot, Award winning AAA, Pop, Rock singer, Heidi Little; and Late night Dance Parties w/ #1 World Female VJ Psyberbixie, DJ Scalar, +.
|strong>1PIE Convergence - 16-17 Aug 2012:
Empowering change-makers with the partners and tools they need to create rippling impact, the 1PIE Convergence unites 700 Partners In Empowerment (PIE) from across the planet working in business, media, arts, education, social change and philanthropy arenas. Key thought-leaders in this year’s Summit include Dr. Helen Caldicott (Nuclear Peace Hero), James Greyson (Systems Thinker), Professor Jan Black, PhD (Human Rights Leader/Amnesty International USA Board Member), Dr. Saurabh Kwatra (Innovation Expert, Indian Institute of Technology), Jenny Huang, (Strategic Standards, AT&T/ Empowerment WORKS); Media Maverick, Nick Jankel; Media Mogul, Mike Jarvis; and more.
As the Summer Games come to a close, we invite you to join us in a true global adventure — to ignite a whole system re-design. For general event news, or to request invitation to the 1PIE Convergence, please visit: www.theglobalsummit.org