The race to tackle climate change is on. Yet as rapid as that transition is and despite efforts being made, DNV forecasts in its Energy Transition Outlook (ETO), that despite every effort being made, the green shift is not fast enough for the world to achieve the ambitions of the Paris Agreement.
This means that developed countries – Singapore being one of them – and certain sectors must reduce greenhouse gas emissions to zero way before 2050, because developing regions and hard-to-abate sectors will take longer to decarbonize. As Singapore intensifies efforts toward reducing and eventually eliminating harmful emissions to the atmosphere, what does the energy transition journey in 2022 look like?
Join DNV and energy industry experts
To better understand the opportunities and challenges facing energy companies and industry stakeholders in adapting to the energy transition, DNV will host speakers and panels of experts with extensive experience in the sector.
- Singapore and South East Asia’s pathways to net zero, discussing concrete examples of recent technology uptake in solar and wind energy, storage, hydrogen and CCUS
- Maritime decarbonisation and the position of Singapore as a first mover in applying new ship fuels and abatement technologies.
- Prof. Lynn Loo, CEO, Global Centre for Maritime Decarbonisation
- Mr Eric Francia, CEO, AC Energy
- Ms Nicke Widyawati, President Director & CEO, PT Pertamina
- Datuk Yee Yang Chien, President and CEO, MISC Group
- Mr Tan Wooi Leong, Senior Director (Energy & Industrial), Surbana Jurong Pte Ltd.
- Mr Cesar Mugerin, Senior Advisor, Technology & Innovation, Engie Solar
- Mr Tat Win Law, Singapore Country Chairman, Chevron
- Energy Market Authority
- Mr Remi Eriksen, Group President and CEO
- Mr Brice Le Gallo, Vice President & Regional Director for Energy Systems APAC
- Ms Cristina Saenz de Santa Maria, Regional Manager SEA, Pacific & India, Maritime
- Mr James Laybourn, Hydrogen and CCUS Segment Lead, APAC, Energy Systems
- Mr Tony Mercer, Head of Renewables Ecosystem, Digital Solutions