In the global marketplace of 2020s, both developed and developing economies urgently need to master the key techniques and models for financing the transformation to renewable generation while strengthening the reliability of new energy markets and systems. Today’s renewable energy frameworks and markets feature more innovative incentives to structure and analyze RE financial models to ensure that PF transactions are bankable, and conform to RE generation availability and system reliability requirements.
Today’s wind, solar, hydro, biomass, and geothermal project finance (PF) transactions require a higher level of expertise not only in programming more sophisticated and flexible financial models, but also in incorporating the latest risk mitigation and credit enhancement instruments. This online course covers both the key PF financial modelling requirements and techniques, risk analysis instruments, as well as bankability practices.
The objective of this course is to provide participants with an enhanced understanding of the financial modelling and key documentation requirements of all interested parties to today’s RE PF transactions. This programme provides you with proven PF modelling techniques and transaction management techniques which will enable you to quantitatively assess risks, resolve constraints, and reach project financial closure. The practical models for wind, solar, hydro, biomass, and geothermal PF models will be demonstrated through a series of real case examples of projects and transactions from Southeast Asia, South Asia, the Middle East, Europe, and North America.
- Special requirements for managing Renewable Energy (RE) limited-recourse project finance transactions
- Key requirements of Renewable Energy investments: Technical, management & investment requirements of reliable RE power systems & electricity markets
- Designing RE financial models part 1: Financial model design requirements & work plan management
- Designing RE financial models part 2: RE PF financial model capital expenditures and profit & loss statements
- Designing RE financial models part 3: Programming balance sheets and reviewing & stress-testing solar, wind, hydro, biomass & geothermal PF models
- Summary interactive wind/solar project financing group exercise: Evaluating an RE PF financial model for risk allocation, transaction closure and post-transaction economic regulation & tariff adjustment
Benefits of attending
- Identify key requirements of limited-recourse Project Finance for Renewable Energy transactions, Power Purchase Agreements (PPAs) & PF documentation management
- Review solar, wind, hydro, biomass & geothermal PF financial model design requirements, presentation & formatting standards
- Program financial statements, cash flows, profit & loss statements and managing international accounting standards for RE PF transactions
- Project RE PF balance sheets, SPV reserve accounts, PF refinancing, and conducting sensitivity analyses
- Oversee the design and review of RE PF financial models based upon your own company’s risk profile and corporate goals
- Apply clear investment incentives and renewable energy credit (REC), feed-in-tariffs (FIT), and credit enhancements for bankable private investments in RE generation
- Manage and oversee successful renewable power project finance transactions
“I have been very impressed with the course content and with the trainer’s knowledge, experience and delivery. I am not a numbers person but the trainer has enabled me to finally understand a financial model!”
- Head of Legal, Low Carbon Contracts Company
“I am very satisfied by the depth and breadth of the trainer’s experience in the energy sector. His presentation slides are easily understood and he was responsive to all of our questions.”
- Project Finance Manager, Adaro Power
“You will find this course useful and practical. I will recommend this course to not only the ones with experiences in this field but also the ones with no or less experiences. You will definitely gain knowledge and be able to apply it during the course.”
- Chief of Department, Electricity Generating Authority of Thailand
“The trainer has in-depth knowledge in the subject. The discussion is very good, especially since most of the participants are seasoned players with the industry, so a fruitful discussion indeed.”
- Regional Finance Controller, ib vogt
Live online course: how it works
The structure of our virtual learning program is designed to keep the same levels of engagement and networking as our on-site public courses. Course content is delivered through our easy-to-use online learning platform and is supplemented by case studies and practical exercises.
Like our classroom-based public courses, you will have live interaction with our course facilitators and other participants. Our live online courses are led by our experienced instructors, who will provide you with easily digestible content, using knowledge learned from many years in the industry, during scheduled times. Delegates will receive copies of the course materials electronically.
This course is scheduled to take place over 6 live online sessions using virtual learning technology.
For more information, please visit: www.infocusinternational.com/renewable-project-finance