This workshop is for NPOs/NGOs and governments looking to work more effectively with the private sector for the purpose of sustainable development. Participants will be better equipped for approaching partners to align goals, outcomes and initiatives to further build on their strategy for engaging with sustainable development challenges.
The workshop will provide practical steps for putting in place a strategy guided by a clear understanding of key focus areas to partner on and identifying the best organisation type to partner with. Participants will be able to be better equipped for approaching partners to align goals, outcomes and initiatives for corporate responsibility goals and larger development goals.
The workshop will cover:
- The role of the private sector in development and poverty alleviation
- Understanding partner motives, incentives and limitations
- Different ways to engage beyond fundraising and building long-lasting partnerships
- Aligning the needs of NGOs with a business’s CSR strategy
- Engaging employee volunteers
- Measuring impact