Upon successful completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- describe the purpose of an environmental management system
- explain the scope EMS standards and, where applicable, other criteria against which an EMS audit could be performed
- describe the principles, processes and techniques used for the assessment of risk and the significance of these in all environmental management systems
- interpret the requirements of the ISO 14001:2004 management systems specification in the context of an audit
- effectively plan and conduct an audit of the management and operation of an organisation in accordance with the requirements of relevant EMS audit criteria and ISO 19011
- report the audit, including writing valid, factual and value-adding nonconformity reports
- undertake audit follow-up activities, including evaluating the effectiveness of corrective and preventive action
This 5-Day course provides an opportunity for both Environmental and Quality professionals to update their skills in interactive and supportive surroundings. Case study materials and role-play exercises are used to develop and practice skills in all phases of auditing.
This course is designed for participants who have some understanding of the content, application and implementation of the ISO 14000 family of standards.