Social media has become an essential part of the communications process, in both conveying awareness and communicating to internal/external stakeholders.
* Targeted at those working in the public or private sector communications or engagement
* Will help those that know you need to start using social media at work but don’t know where to
* Will help delegates learn from the experience of companies and public sector organisations
that are already using social media
* Will help delegates to convince others in your organisation why social media is important.
The workshop will:
* Provide an overview of social media in the world today
* Explore the different social media tools and how they can be used in public & private sector
communications and engagement
* Provide a practical introduction to how to introduce social media into the public & private
sector communications mix
* Discuss real examples of social media in action with regards to Corporate Social
Responsibility – good and bad practice
* Give delegates the knowledge and skills to start using social media in communications and
Social media – the basics
* What is social media?
* Seven types of social media explained
* Usage statistics
* Why should your organization care?
Using Facebook in communications and engagement
* Profiles, pages and groups
* Enhancing your presence – apps, content and updates
* Promoting your Facebook presence – growing your network
* Examples of Facebook in action in the public sector – good and bad
* What can the public sector learn from private sector use of Facebook?
Using Twitter in communications and engagement
* What roles can Twitter play in communications and engagement?
* Harnessing the power of Twitter to reach new audiences
* Getting the right content for Twitter – achieving shareability
* Integrating Twitter into the communications mix
* Understanding Twitter: hashtags, retweets and the rest
* Developing the conversation – follow etiquette on Twitter
* Attracting followers to grow your Twitter audience
* Examples of Twitter in action in CSR – good and bad
* What can the public sector learn from private sector use of Twitter?
Social media relations – dealing with coverage on social media
* What is social media relations?
* Effective online monitoring
* The local online audit
* What to monitor and how
* Should you respond if someone says something bad about you?
* How you can respond to social media coverage of your organisation
Writing a social media strategy
* Components of a good social media strategy
* Gaining buy-in – the case for and against social media
* Implementing social media in communications and engagement
* Tackling the issue of blocked access to social media at work
* How to evaluate the effectiveness of social media