Social media has become an essential part of the communications process, in both conveying awareness and communicating to internal/external stakeholders.
* Targeted at those working in the public or private sector communications or engagement
* Will help those that know you need to start using social media at work but don’t know where to
* Will help delegates learn from the experience of companies and public sector organisations
that are already using social media
* Will help delegates to convince others in your organisation why social media is important.
The workshop will:
* Provide an overview of social media in the world today
* Explore the different social media tools and how they can be used in public & private sector
communications and engagement
* Provide a practical introduction to how to introduce social media into the public & private
sector communications mix
* Discuss real examples of social media in action with regards to Corporate Social
Responsibility – good and bad practice
* Give delegates the knowledge and skills to start using social media in communications and
Social media – the basics
* What is social media?
* Seven types of social media explained
* Usage statistics
* Why should your organization care?
Using Facebook in communications and engagement
* Profiles, pages and groups
* Enhancing your presence – apps, content and updates
* Promoting your Facebook presence – growing your network
* Examples of Facebook in action in the public sector – good and bad
* What can the public sector learn from private sector use of Facebook?
Using Twitter in communications and engagement
* What roles can Twitter play in communications and engagement?
* Harnessing the power of Twitter to reach new audiences
* Getting the right content for Twitter – achieving shareability
* Integrating Twitter into the communications mix
* Understanding Twitter: hashtags, retweets and the rest
* Developing the conversation – follow etiquette on Twitter
* Attracting followers to grow your Twitter audience
* Examples of Twitter in action in CSR – good and bad
* What can the public sector learn from private sector use of Twitter?
Social media relations – dealing with coverage on social media
* What is social media relations?
* Effective online monitoring
* The local online audit
* What to monitor and how
* Should you respond if someone says something bad about you?
* How you can respond to social media coverage of your organisation
Writing a social media strategy
* Components of a good social media strategy
* Gaining buy-in – the case for and against social media
* Implementing social media in communications and engagement
* Tackling the issue of blocked access to social media at work
* How to evaluate the effectiveness of social media
Publish your content with EB Premium
It's not about how many you reach. It's about who. Get your news, events, jobs and thought leadership seen by those who matter to you.