Eco Action Day is Singapore’s largest and longest-running business-led environmental initiative that commemorates the United Nations Environment Programme’s World Environment Day (WED) on 5 June every year.
As part of the Eco Action Day 2015 campaign, Ricoh Asia Pacific and Eco-Business will be convening a panel discussion on 5 June featuring senior business, government and civic society leaders discussing the theme - “Driving Sustainability for the Future”.
This dialogue will feature senior business, government and civic society leaders who will share their thoughts on sustainability drivers in Singapore, focusing particularly on this year’s World Environment Day theme of responsible consumerism and sustainable production.
Evidence has shown that the world is consuming far more natural resources than what the planet can sustainably provide. By 2050, if current consumption and production patterns remain the same and with a rising population expected to reach 9.6 billion, we will need three planets to sustain our ways of living and consumption, said the UNEP.
This is why it is important to spread the message that living sustainably is about doing more and better with less, and that economic growth does not need to come at the expense of relentless resource use and environmental degradation.
This message is also timely given Singapore’s push to become a more sustainable city, as outlined in the Sustainable Singapore Blueprint 2015 launched last year.
Hence, the dialogue’s aim is to delve deeper into sustainability issues and tackle questions such as:
- What are the main drivers for sustainable consumption and production?
- How do we promote sustainable living?
- What are some policies that should be explored, and who are the leading organizations?
- Will the emerging circular economy be the answer?
- How does Singapore fare in sustainable consumption and production against other countries?
- Mr Ronnie Tay, Chief Executive Officer, National Environment Agency
- Mr Ynse de Boer, Managing Director, Accenture, Strategy & Sustainability Services
- Ms Ariel Muller, Director, Asia Pacific, Forum for the Future
- Professor Victor Savage, Associate Professor, Department of Geography, National University of Singapore
- Vincent Lim, Managing Director, Ricoh Singapore
- 9.15 am - Registration of guests
- 9.30 am - Opening speech by Ricoh Asia Pacific managing director Tetsuya Takano
- 9.45 am - Introductory remarks by moderator - Jessica Cheam, Editor, Eco-Business
- 9.50 am - Panel discussion
- 10.50 am - Question and Answer session with participants
- 11.30 - Summary and outcomes
- 11.45 - Eco Action Day Award
- 12 noon - Lunch, networking and media interviews
Venue: Mapletree Business City, Multi Purpose Hall, Level 2, 10 Pasir Panjang Road, Singapore 117438
Attendance is by invite only. To register your interest or find out more about the event, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Publish your content with EB Premium
It's not about how many you reach. It's about who. Get your news, events, jobs and thought leadership seen by those who matter to you.