This course is intended for those in business, commercial and strategically focused roles within the energy sector; in particular those responsible for environmental matters, business sustainability and business transformation in areas such as oil & gas, hydrogen and industrial energy usage.
Attendees will leave with a clearly explained and independent perspective on how, where and why CCUS is happening now and could grow in future – covering the range of technological solutions and business drivers, including policy. In addition to reviewing existing CCUS approaches, the course will highlight new opportunities and integrated value creation possibilities through carbon utilisation. This will include how the fate of CCUS links to other aspects of the clean energy transition, such as clean hydrogen production, industrial decarbonisation and the transition away from oil & gas.
- Carbon sources & capture technologies
- Carbon storage, transport & utilisation
- Hydrogen, carbon and industrial clusters
- Growing CCUS: scalability, markets, policies & strategies
Benefits of attending
- Understand the most challenging aspects of the clean energy transition & the role of CCUS in addressing them
- Examine the various technological aspects of the CCUS value chain, from capture through to storage and/or utilisation pathways
- Discuss the key economic and policy variables which will determine how CCUS plays out in different markets
- Review up-to-date examples of projects and strategies from around the world, and evaluate the lessons from them
- Learn the dynamics of the new competitive environment, including the risks of ‘business as usual’ and the importance of industrial clusters in CCUS deployment
- Identify approaches to sustainable strategic planning and new business opportunity assessment
“This course has provided me a good understanding and cleared all false expectations about CCUS and of its cross entanglement to the hydrogen sector and the importance of both for decarbonising the world’s (or part of the world’s) economy.”
- Acquisitions Manager, Solar Clear
“Very engaging and informative presenter. I found the course to be interesting and full of useful, up-to-date examples which are highly valuable.”
- Solicitor, CGG Services
“The up-to-date information was provided in course. The materials were available before the course, that is why it was possible to think about questions. The course materials were logically structured. The lecturer was highly professional. The organisation of course was wonderful. Thank you very much!”
- Planning Engineer, Latvenergo
Live online course: how it works
The structure of our virtual learning program is designed to keep the same levels of engagement and networking as our on-site public courses. Course content is delivered through our easy-to-use online learning platform and is supplemented by case studies and practical exercises.
Like our classroom-based public courses, you will have live interaction with our course facilitators and other participants. Our live online courses are led by our experienced instructors, who will provide you with easily digestible content, using knowledge learned from many years in the industry, during scheduled times. Delegates will receive copies of the course materials electronically.
This course is scheduled to take place over 4 live online sessions using virtual learning technology.
For more information, please visit: www.infocusinternational.com/ccus