A one-day event to be held in Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane
The demand on water resources across the energy, agricultural and urban water sectors is ever increasing, and is a constant challenge in managing sustainable water supply.
Instead of working independently, a more coherent approach is needed to develop workable solutions to the myriad challenges faced by these industries. Businesses together with government, NGOs, academia and civil society can and should play a role in this new understanding.
The event will focus on three key themes of the water-energy-food nexus: responsible governance of natural resources; collaborative policy and practice and economic growth and the way forward.
Bringing together some of Australia’s most influential and engaging leaders from the water, agricultural and energy sectors, Water-Energy-Food Nexus in Practice presents a unique opportunity to share inter-related expertise. This multi-sectoral event enables attendees to build relationships outside their traditional industry and workshop new ways of balancing the nexus.
- Dr Steven Kenway, Research Group Leader, Water-Energy-Carbon, UQ
- Michael Spencer, Secretary, Alliance for Water Stewardship Australia
- Greg Appleby, Energy Specialist, Sydney Water
- Professor Neil McIntyre, Director, Centre for Water in the Minerals Industry
- Dr Darryl Low Choy, CRC for Water Sensitive Cities
- Dr Karen Hussey, Australian National University
- Dr Jamie Pittock, ANU Water Initiative/UNESCO
REGISTRATIONS ARE NOW OPEN
Publish your content with EB Premium
It's not about how many you reach. It's about who. Get your news, events, jobs and thought leadership seen by those who matter to you.