A one-day event to be held in Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane
The demand on water resources across the energy, agricultural and urban water sectors is ever increasing, and is a constant challenge in managing sustainable water supply.
Instead of working independently, a more coherent approach is needed to develop workable solutions to the myriad challenges faced by these industries. Businesses together with government, NGOs, academia and civil society can and should play a role in this new understanding.
The event will focus on three key themes of the water-energy-food nexus: responsible governance of natural resources; collaborative policy and practice and economic growth and the way forward.
Bringing together some of Australia’s most influential and engaging leaders from the water, agricultural and energy sectors, Water-Energy-Food Nexus in Practice presents a unique opportunity to share inter-related expertise. This multi-sectoral event enables attendees to build relationships outside their traditional industry and workshop new ways of balancing the nexus.
- Dr Steven Kenway, Research Group Leader, Water-Energy-Carbon, UQ
- Michael Spencer, Secretary, Alliance for Water Stewardship Australia
- Greg Appleby, Energy Specialist, Sydney Water
- Professor Neil McIntyre, Director, Centre for Water in the Minerals Industry
- Dr Darryl Low Choy, CRC for Water Sensitive Cities
- Dr Karen Hussey, Australian National University
- Dr Jamie Pittock, ANU Water Initiative/UNESCO
REGISTRATIONS ARE NOW OPEN