The Advanced CSO Professional Training is a challenging training course offering a unique holistic viewpoint to sustainability. In this course, experienced professionals will benefit from our interactive approach focusing on both strategic and operational aspects of sustainability.
Our skill-building and hands-on approach assists participants to improve their capabilities and drive practical sustainability solutions successfully across their organisation.
Participants will adopt an inclusive approach to sustainability and CSR issues, trends, challenges, standards, and strategies and will gain insights into best methods for leading organisational sustainability to overcome business uncertainty and gain long lasting competitive advantage.
- Gain in-depth understanding of sustainability and CSR ecosystem and future development
- Learn to formulate sustainability strategies and integrate CSR into corporate structure
- Practice on real life Social Return On Investment (SROI) cases
- Articulate the business case for sustainability
- Ensure maximum impact from sustainability and CSR initiatives
- Influence sustainability and CSR positive development within company and partners
At the end of our three-day Advanced CSO Professional Training, participants will have developed the skills and methodologies to:
- Lead sustainability in your organisation
- Assess, identify, and manage opportunities and risks from a sustainability perspective
- Adopt a strategic stakeholder engagement approach
- Develop, implement, monitor and communicate sustainability and CSR strategies and initiatives
- Improve sustainability performance, organisational profile and competitiveness
- Effectively disclose organisational strategies, material issues, impacts, and performance
Key topics include
- Practical Sustainability and CSR Concepts
- Global Legislation
- Stakeholder Management
- Sustainability and CSR Trends
- Sustainability and CSR Programs
- Sustainability and CSR Initiatives
- Social Return on Investment (SROI)
- Sustainable Supply Chains
- Sustainability Strategy
- Sustainability Assessment
- Sustainability Reporting
- Sustainable Communications
- The future of CSO’s
- Post-course Assignment for Certification
Who should attend
Advanced CSO Professional Training is ideally suited to professionals and leaders seeking advance in-depth knowledge in CSR/Sustainability.
An ideal candidate may play a role in:
- Governance and Risk Management
- Human Resources
- Supply Chain/Logistics
- Health and Safety
- Operational Excellence
- Corporate Philanthropy/Foundations
We firmly believe that a friendly, supportive, and engaging learning environment is key to building long-lasting knowledge and maximizing retention. To support this belief, we built this course around a dynamic mixture of lectures, practical exercises, best practice case studies and group discussions.
Our method builds not only knowledge, but a confidence in discussing and applying CSR/Sustainability topics and the platform for exchanging ideas and building valuable connections. Each course closes with a post-course assignment to evaluate the level of knowledge gained through this course and upon passing results in the earning of an ILM endorsed certificate.
Global ILM recognition
ILM is the UK’s leading provider of leadership, management and coaching qualifications and a world renowned professional membership body representing over 25,000 professional managers and leaders.
Successful course candidates will be issued an ILM Certificate.
Following your successful post-course assignment submission you will receive the “Advanced Chief Sustainability Officer (CSO) Professional” Certificate which is endorsed by ILM verifying your knowledge and achievement.
Additional guidance is provided for the successful completion of your post-course assignment.
An understanding of CSR and Sustainability is required
Professional experience is required