The Asian Development Bank’s (ADB) Southeast Asia Development Symposium (SEADS) 2023, “Imagining a Net-Zero ASEAN,” will gather policymakers, decision-makers, and thought leaders from governments, industry, and international institutions to discuss ways the region can decarbonize given the existential threat posed by climate change.
SEADS will feature an open morning plenary with keynote addresses from ADB’s President and other esteemed government and industry leaders; a special high-level panel discussion, “Financing Net Zero”; an exhibit, the Innovations and Solutions Marketplace; and the launch of an ADB report on the greening of global value chains. The afternoon agenda will feature 10 breakout sessions exploring a range of measures that can advance a net-zero future in ASEAN.
SEADS 2023 will explore the following:
- Financing a net-zero ASEAN
- Deploying technology in climate mitigation and adaptation
- Ensuring cities are climate-resilient
- Greening and reshaping of global value chains
- Shifting to clean energy
- Ensuring the poor and vulnerable benefit from a net-zero future
- Minimizing climate effects on health
- Net zero and the blue economy
- Climate-friendly travel
Registration is free and open to everyone. Registration for in-person participation will be closed on 10 March. Registration for online attendance is open until 30 March.
Learn more and register: https://seads.adb.org/symposium/SEADS2023