In July, the EU-funded SWITCH-Asia Network Facility organised a conference on Waste management and the circular economy in Asia, where participants from SWITCH-Asia projects, experts and policy-makers discussed waste management approaches in Asia and the contribution of effective waste management systems to national sustainability agendas.
This briefing reviews and elaborates the main points debated at the event, including:
- The current waste management situation of Asia
- Roles and engagement of different stakeholders,
- The case for a circular economy approach,
- Europe’s experience and valid lessons for Asia, and
- Complements them with related case-studies by SWITCH-Asia projects.
Publish your content with EB Premium
It's not about how many you reach. It's about who. Get your news, events, jobs and thought leadership seen by those who matter to you.