The Energy Market Authority (EMA) and Envision Digital International Pte Ltd (Envision Digital) have signed a Memorandum of Agreement (MOA) forging a S$4 million partnership to develop the capabilities of local energy companies focusing on renewable energy, urban energy efficiency and low-carbon solutions to accelerate Singapore’s net zero ambitions. This partnership is supported by Enterprise Singapore (ESG) under its Open Innovation initiative, which leverages lead demand from government agencies and business corporations to support SMEs and startups in developing innovative solutions.
- As part of the partnership, Envision Digital has launched a Net Zero Startup Challenge targeted at startups and small and medium enterprises (SMEs). The programme is designed to develop their capabilities and grow their business in the clean energy Shortlisted companies will receive mentorship from Envision Digital, as well as training and certification in Envision Digital’s operating system (EnOSTM) to deepen Artificial Intelligence-of-Things (AIoT) and related digital capabilities. The companies will also be invited to onboard their solutions onto EnOSTM, which will enable them to expand their market reach by leveraging Envision Digital’s international customer portfolio.
- Shortlisted companies will have the opportunity to apply for post-programme R&D funding provided by EMA to further develop their solutions. These R&D grants will be awarded on a competitive basis, and proposals will be assessed based on the level of innovation, commercial viability and ability to meet Singapore’s national and industry needs under the sustainable development agenda of the Singapore Green Plan 2030.
- Envision Digital has also tied up with Keppel Infrastructure to testbed innovative and digitally-enabled energy solutions under this programme exclusively at Keppel Infrastructure’s sites.
- Mr Ngiam Shih Chun, Chief Executive of EMA, said, “Technological innovation plays an important role in creating an energy system that is flexible and resilient as we undergo the transition towards cleaner EMA is pleased to partner with Envision Digital and support our local energy enterprises in test-bedding their innovative solutions to build a more sustainable energy future for Singapore.”
- “As a global net zero technology partner and green tech company headquartered in Singapore, we are thrilled to collaborate with EMA and the local ecosystem to foster innovative energy solutions that will intensify the nation’s trajectory towards a sustainable With climate change a pressing issue impacting Singapore as a low-lying island, we see this partnership as crucial for the community here.” said Lei Zhang, Founder and CEO of Envision Group.
- Mr Jeffrey Siow, Managing Director and Chief Operating Officer of ESG, said, “Enterprise Singapore is happy to support EMA and Envision Digital in the Net Zero Startup Through this Open Innovation initiative, our startups and SMEs can testbed their solutions with prominent industry players, gain experience and build track records that will help them market their solutions outside Singapore.”
- Applications are now open for Envision Digital’s training programme till 31 January Interested enterprises may visit www.netzerostartup.sg for more details.
About the Energy Market Authority
The Energy Market Authority (EMA) is a statutory board under the Singapore Ministry of Trade and Industry. Through our work, we seek to forge a progressive energy landscape for sustained growth. We aim to ensure a reliable and secure energy supply, promote effective competition in the energy market and develop a dynamic energy sector in Singapore. Visit www.ema.gov.sg for more information.
Instagram: @EMA_Singapore | Facebook: facebook.com/EnergyMarketAuthority | Twitter: @EMA_sg | LinkedIn: linkedin.com/company/energy-market-authority-ema-/
About Envision Digital
Headquartered in Singapore, Envision Digital is a global net zero technology partner for enterprises, governments, and cities alike with its core mission being to solve the sustainability challenges of human kind. Its world-class AIoT technology helps governments and companies across the world accelerate progress toward a net zero future and improve their citizens’ quality of life with the use of technology in Intelligent Renewables, City Infrastructure and Carbon Management.
About Envision Digital’s Operating System (EnOS™)
EnOS™, Envision Digital’s proprietary AIoT operating system, connects and manages more than 110 million smart devices and 300 gigawatts of energy assets globally, while its growing ecosystem of more than 380 customers and partners spans 10 industries and includes Accenture, GovTech Singapore, Keppel Corporation, Microsoft, Nissan, PTT, Solarvest and Total. The company has close to 700 employees and 12 offices across China, France, Japan, Germany, Norway, the Netherlands, the United Kingdom, and the United States, with headquarters in Singapore.
For more information, please visit www.envision-digital.com/.
About Enterprise Singapore
Enterprise Singapore (ESG) is the government agency championing enterprise development. We work with committed companies to build capabilities, innovate and internationalise. We also support the growth of Singapore as a hub for global trading and startups and build trust in Singapore’s products and services through quality and standards. Visit www.enterprisesg.gov.sg for more information.