A MOU was signed between Qingdao North City District Government (Qingdao), GAC Ventures Pte Ltd (GAC), International University Innovation Alliance (IUIA) based in China and Sino-Singapore Investment-Innovation Platform (SSIIP) on 3rd June 2016.
Together, the 4 parties will work together to promote Singapore’s efforts regarding the development of science and technology related to the financial, commercial, trade and other sectors within Qingdao to promote cooperation in the financial technologies, overseas market development, commercial trade, tourism, culture and related fields.
1. Start a new financial technology accelerator
A dedicated new financial technology accelerator acceleration platform, will be launched and used to accelerate cross-border forums, seminars, roadshows and international projects and the introduction of investment, etc., to promote scientific and technical cooperation, academic research and financial technology, accelerate the Block chain technology in the financial sector development and application.
2. Other parts of cooperation
IUIA will host the Asian financial technology accelerator financial technology forum in Singapore, as the connection between technology companies and financial policies, markets, investment and financing platform, and actively promote the exchange of resources, information sharing, multilateral cooperation. The 4 parties will provide support and help.
In addition to the Forum, IUIA will hold training, seminars, exhibitions, business delegation visits and other forms of activities, and actively promote the value-added services related to the Quartet’s plan, market, investment and finance.
For media queries please contact:
Patrick Chan, Mobile: +65 9456 2048, Email: email@example.com
GAC Ventures (http://www.gacventures.com) is an associate company of VISIONEDGE Technologies (VT), an IAIR Awards 2014 winner for “the Best Company for Sustainability - Cleantech South East Asia” and the implementation consultant for Asian Development Bank (ADB)’s Low Carbon Technology Marketplace for Asia Pacific, with expertise spanning across the new green economy assisting national and local government authorities, multi-lateral agencies and development banks, business enterprises, SMEs as well as NGOs and schools in project consultancy and advisory, capacity development training, green growth and productivity assessment with implementation, and growth acceleration and business facilitation.
GAC operates a number of platforms that gives an extra edge to VT’s expertise. These include
-Cleantech Marketplace Forum
- Connecting of cleantech companies with markets, projects, investment and financing, and through CTMF overseas roadshows and the flagship event Asia Pacific Cleantech Marketplace Forum.
-Green Trade Hub
- An O2O (Online-to-offline) business exchange which not only promotes eco-products and environmental solutions to the international marketplace, but allows for 1-to-1 business matching of companies by being plugged into the East Asia Business Exchange.
-IUIA China-Singapore Venture Accelerator
- A cross-border platform jointly run by GAC and Beijing based International University Innovation Alliance (IUIA) backed by the China Investment Promotion Agency (CIPA), assisting early stage cleantech, fintech and ICT companies in growth acceleration, market access and investment/financing besides the use of physical office space and shared facilities.
- In Singapore, GAC operates Growth Acceleration Centre providing physical co-working space and shared facilities as well as mentoring and business support for early and growth stage companies.
GAC is also one of the consortium partners involved in the Clark Green City, Philippines.
Qingdao Commerce Bureau of Shibei District, referred to as Qingdao.
Qingdao is one of the main cities of Qingdao, with a coastline of 17.83 kilometers. The total area is 65.40 square kilometers and a population of 1069, 000. In 2014, the State of Qingdao approved the comprehensive finance reform pilot project and Qingdao became China’s only comprehensive financial reform pilot project. Qingdao International cruise port area is about 4 square kilometers, and they are planning a total construction area of 10 million square meters.
Qingdao is one of the three one hundred billion yuan project, the future will focus on the development of cruise tourism and international finance as the core of high-end services, to create “Chinese North Cruise Center” and “Cruise home port of Northeast Asia.” IUIA will establish the “Sino-Singapore financial technology incubator”, located on the inner harbor of Qingdao International cruise center.
International University Innovation Alliance (IUIA) (www.TheIUIA.ORG ) was established in early 2015 in Beijing supported by:
- China Investment Promotion Agency of Ministry of Commerce
- Torch High Technology Industry Development Center of Ministry of Science and Technology (MOST)
- Science and Technology Development Center of Ministry of Education, and
- Beijing Financial Assets Exchange
IUIA promotes overseas incubation with top universities, incubators, research institutions globally and helps to accelerate the commercialization of research and innovative technologies of these companies via its own incubators, venture accelerators and National High-Tech Parks in China. The ultimate objective is to grow these companies for global market access.
Sino-Singapore Investment & Innovation Platform Pte Ltd (“SSIIP”) is a boutique consultancy outfit located in Singapore specialized in assisting Chinese Business & HighTech Parks and their companies in attracting foreign capital investment by effectively promoting “foreign capital” and “talent recruitment” as well as to encourage qualified Chinese companies to invest abroad in order to implement the “going out” and “bringing in” two-way economic development strategy of China.
Publish your content with EB Premium
It's not about how many you reach. It's about who. Get your news, events, jobs and thought leadership seen by those who matter to you.