Programme expected to benefit more than 6,000 enterprises over next four years
- The Enterprise Sustainability Programme (ESP) was launched today by Mr Gan Kim Yong, Minister for Trade and Industry, to support Singapore businesses on sustainability initiatives, and to capture new opportunities in the green Enterprise Singapore will set aside up to S$180 million for the programme, which is expected to benefit at least 6,000 enterprises over the next four years. The programme will support training workshops, capability and product development projects, and key enablers such as certification and financing.
- Partnership with Trade Associations and Chambers (TACs), corporates and other government agencies is a key element of this programme. In line with this programme, we are enhancing the Enterprise Development Grant (EDG) and Enterprise Financing Scheme (EFS) to support new areas in Ms Low Yen Ling, Minister of State for Trade and Industry, shared details of the Programme during her visit to furniture company Koda.
- Mr Png Cheong Boon, Chief Executive Officer, Enterprise Singapore, said, “Countries, global corporations and consumers are increasingly embracing sustainability and placing emphasis on sustainable Against this backdrop, Singapore companies too recognise the need to integrate sustainability into their businesses in order to remain competitive in the local and global economy. The ESP aims to support Singapore companies, especially our SMEs, at different stages of their sustainability journey to build capabilities and capture new opportunities.”
- Through the ESP, Enterprise Singapore will support the growth of sustainable enterprises on three levels:
i. Developing enterprises’ capabilities in sustainability. This provides support that caters to the different stages of their Enterprise Singapore will
- provide subsidised training workshops for enterprises that are just starting out on their journey, to help them build awareness and knowledge of sustainability, access relevant tools and resources, and develop a clear plan for capability building over the longer-term. Enterprise Singapore’s partners on this include PwC Singapore, Global Compact Network Singapore (GCNS) and Singapore Environment Council (SEC);
- support projects in strategy development, resource optimisation, and standards adoption for enterprises that wish to go further;
- support enterprises in developing innovative sustainable products, services and solutions to capture opportunities in the green economy.
ii. Strengthening sector-specific capabilities. We will support sector-specific initiatives through partnerships with industry partners such as TACs and Enterprise Singapore will
- partner TACs, including the Singapore Furniture Industries Council (SFIC), Singapore Contractors Association Limited (SCAL), and Textile and Fashion Federation (TaFF), to develop sustainability initiatives for their Examples of these initiatives include sustainability roadmaps and sector- specific training courses;
- work with the Singapore Business Federation (SBF) to facilitate cross-sector collaborations;
- work with corporates to uplift sustainability capabilities of local enterprises throughout their supply and value chains.
iii. Fostering a vibrant and conducive sustainability ecosystem. Together with industry partners and government agencies, we will strengthen the sustainability ecosystem, through training, certification, financing and other relevant sustainability services. Enterprise Singapore will
- launch an Enterprise Financing Scheme - Green (EFS-Green) together with partner financial institutions to enable better access to green financing for Project Developers, System Integrators and Technology & Solution Enablers, which develop enabling technologies and solutions to reduce waste, resource use, or greenhouse gas emissions (more details will be announced);
- work with the Singapore Standards Council (SSC) and Singapore Accreditation Council (SAC) to develop green standards and accreditation programmes in areas such as low carbon technologies and sustainable food production, and a standards mapping tool for sustainable practices to support Singapore’s shift towards a green economy.
- Enterprises interested in the programme can visit enterprisesg.gov.sg/ESP. Partners that are keen to work with us can indicate your interest at https://go.gov.sg/helloesg.
For media enquiries, please contact:
Ms Cheng Kiat Loon Deputy Director
Ms Karen Koh Business Partner
About Enterprise Singapore
Enterprise Singapore is the government agency championing enterprise development. We work with committed companies to build capabilities, innovate and internationalise.
We also support the growth of Singapore as a hub for global trading and startups, and build trust in Singapore’s products and services through quality and standards.
Visit www.enterprisesg.gov.sg for more information.