The first edition of InterFLOOD Asia is set to make an impressive debut from 11-12 April 2018 at Suntec Singapore.
Running alongside the fifth edition of InterMET Asia, the extreme weather event, InterFLOOD Asia focuses on the challenges and consequences presented by climate change and rapid urbanisation. A two-day conference, free hands-on workshops and an international exhibition of flood management companies will offer professionals from the private, public and economic sectors the opportunity to discover the latest thinking on how to anticipate, mitigate and manage flooding impact.
An insightful two-day conference programme includes world class speakers with first-hand experience in forecasting, mitigation and recovery. Key issues which will impact designing, planning and constructing future proof flood infrastructure and early warning systems will be examined via case studies and discussion. Sessions will cover issues such as the role of big data in forecasting and management, structural solutions, non-engineering solutions, technical certification and recovery processes.
The international exhibition hosts a range of leading flood management products, services and technology, including Royal Haskoning, Parafoil, FM Global, Ericcson, Geodesign and Satellite Catapult.
Supporters of InterFLOOD Asia include GFDRR, The World Bank, Acclimatise, UK Flood Partnership, Mott MacDonald, Centre for Ecology and Hydrology and RIMES.
Avradel Ltd. (United Kingdom) is amongst the major companies who have confirmed their stand. Joint Managing Director David Wilson commented: ‘We are absolutely delighted to be exhibiting, as this allows our unique product genre to become more widely known in countries situated within the Pacific Rim’
Norway based AquaFence will present and display the original AquaFence flood protection system. Julie Ransell Global Sales-/Marketing Coordinator explained that visitors ‘can will also experience the AquaFence system in a real flood situation through our brand new Virtual Reality’. Julie added ’AquaFence is proud to introduce our new product “FlashWall”, engineered and developed for the Asian market on the back of the increasing number of flash floods every year. FlashWall will secure any opening from flash flooding within minutes’.
CMI Ltd (USA) will also be exhibiting. John Adams, International Sales Director explained their reason for participating: ‘We believe that exposure of CMI’s sheet piling solutions to influential decision makers in this sector can make a positive impact in the Asia Pacific Region’.
A series of free workshops will he held over the two days, with sessions covering health and climate change, bringing meteorology and hydrology together, mitigating the impact of disasters on business and advances in forecasting. Baron will be running two of the workshop sessions.
To find out more and to register, visit www.interflood.asia
Notes for Editors
Background to InterMET Asia and InterFLOOD Asia
- The InterMET Asia Exhibition & Conference was launched in Singapore in 2014 and 2018 will mark the 5th anniversary.
- InterMET Asia 2018 event will be opened by Petteri Taalas, the S-G of the World Meteorological Organisation (WMO) which has recently opened its Asia Pacific Regional Office based in Singapore.
- Participants range from commercial meteorology technology companies, providers of services ranging from weather forecasts to insurance, academic researchers and national and international agencies, to the growing number of weather affected public and private enterprises.
- InterMET comprises an international conference and exhibition which aims to showcase the increasing significance of the work being carried out by the commercial weather sector, national and international agencies and academic and research bodies which form what is being called the ‘Global Weather Enterprise’ or GWE.
- InterMET plays an internationally recognised role hosting candid discussion between the public and private sectors to promote increased co-operation and help achieve the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) of the UN 2030 Agenda which are weather and climate sensitive.
- The Official Supporters of InterMET Asia are: The World Bank, Global Facility for Disaster Reduction & Recovery (GFDRR), Association of Hydro-Meteorological Equipment Industry (HMEI), International Forum for Meteorological Societies (IFMS), Singapore National Environment Agency (NEA), Meteorological Services Singapore (MSS), plus Acclimatise, Centre for Ecology & Hydrology (CEH), International Society of Precision Agriculture, Singapore Environment Council, Sustainable Energy Association of Singapore, Weather Risk Management Association, and World Energy Meteorology Council.
- InterFLOOD Asia is supported by The World Bank, the GFDRR, CEH, the Regional Integrated Multi-Hazard Early Warning System (RIMES) and the UK Flood Partnership, and will run alongside and complement InterMET. It will focus on innovations in thinking, funding, technology and design of critical (physical and social) infrastructure that is resilient and adaptable to extreme weather & climate change related flood events.
- InterFLOOD also provides a forum for the regional meteorological and hydrological communities - areas of expertise which many experts believe must work more closely together to best serve the needs of building greater resilience and adaptability to extreme weather & climate change.
- For more information and to book conference places and/or free admission to the exhibition, visit www.intermet.asia and www.interflood.asia.
Press contact: Susan Fairley email@example.com
Issued 15 March 2018