In September 2017, the MoIT issued Circular No. 16/2017/TT-BCT on the detailed mechanism for encouraging the development of solar power projects in Vietnam, which includes a final template Power Purchase Agreement (“PPA”) and the FiT rate of USD cents 9.35 per kWh for solar projects.
Meanwhile for the wind power sector, the Vietnamese government is currently reviewing the FiT rate of USD cents 7.8 per kWh in order to further incentivise the development of wind power projects and push forward the country’s 800 MW wind energy target by 2020. It is safe to say that among all the Asian countries Vietnam has now received the most attention in the field of renewable energy.
Based on huge success in NEO’s past Vietnamese event series, Neoventure Corporation is now planning the following Vietnam Renewable Energy Summit 2018 (VRES 2018), which will be held in Nha Trang, Vietnam on March 26-28, 2018. It will bring together government authorities, project owners, international developers and investors, EPCs, accessibility and assistive technology solution providers to share intelligence and discuss the implementation of their projects.
What VRES 2018 can provide is not only the platform to understand the market intelligence, but also to get connected with potential local partners and leads of advanced stage renewable projects in Vietnam.
Highlights of the Event
- 60+ One-on-one match making meetings onsite (wind and solar projects)
- 30+ Local developers (TTC Energy, KN Group, Phu Cuong, Ocean Group, Hado Group,
- 100+ International developers and investors (Tata Power, Mainstream, Blue Circle, etc.)
- 10+ Government authorities & EVN associated companies (EVN, MPI, NLDC, PECC3,
- 40+ Sponsors (Longi Solar, Arctech Solar, Vsun, Jinko Solar, Siemens Gamesa, etc.)
- 300+ Participants
We do look forward to seeing you in Nha Trang in March!
Lillian Song (Senior sales manager)