1 day training course on the new GRI Standards
The Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) is the most widely used sustainability reporting standard. This training will prepare participants to manage their sustainability reporting process using the GRI Standards and will introduce them to all the key elements of a solid sustainability report.
First-time reporters seeking to implement the GRI Standards and those transitioning from GRI G4 to the GRI Standards, will learn how to effectively utilise the Standards and develop sustainability reports that are technically sound, meaningful, engaging, and create value for the company and the stakeholders alike.
This training is delivered in a highly interactive manner and includes presentations, small group discussions, practicing on examples of various reports, and using disclosures to familiarise with the GRI Standards.
Who should attend
- Sustainability, CSR professionals
- Quality, Health Safety and Environment managers
- Public Relations, Corporate Communications managers
- HR/ Training professionals
- Supply Chain, Operation managers
- Environment executives
- Financial officers
- Representatives from non-governmental organisations (NGOs)
- Community relations, engagement and development officers
- Stakeholder engagement practitioners
Aim and objectives
The aim of this training is to support participants to:
- develop a process for reporting
- gain an understanding of the structure and requirements of the new GRI Standards
- develop an insight into how the organisation can disclosure its approach on material topics
- understand the requirements to disclosure economic, environmental, and social impacts
- practice on examples from various organisations on the disclosure of sustainability information
- develop the skills required to develop meaningful reports based on the GRI Standards
Key topics include
- Sustainability reporting essentials
- Structure of the GRI Standards
- The process of reporting – steps for GRI Standards reporting
- International frameworks and standards
- Communicating results
Take outs of the course include how to
- Manage the reporting process internally
- Identify and prioritise your Stakeholders
- Identify material Topics and their Boundaries (internal and/or external to your organisation)
- Select and prepare the information to be disclosed in the final report
- Communicate your sustainability report
Participants will receive a certificate of attendance on successful completion of the training course.
Publish your content with EB Premium
It's not about how many you reach. It's about who. Get your news, events, jobs and thought leadership seen by those who matter to you.