Held in between the main SIWW editions, the SIWW Spotlight series are exclusive by-invitation events to continue the dialogue from SIWW and foster ongoing exchanges on pressing challenges faced by the water sector worldwide.
Water is critical for industries as a product and as a component in processes and supply chain, and yet has many competing uses. Technologies are readily available to help businesses reduce the risks water pose to their bottom lines by reducing their water use, replacing water from alternative sources and reclaiming used water.
However, not enough is being done to lower industrial water demand. Companies must now get their water management approach and financing right in order to take advantage of the benefits and scalability of technologies to reduce their risk and reliance on water.
SIWW Spotlight 2019 will look into best practices in:
- Making Water a Priority in Your Boardroom- Getting senior management to recognise the importance of water.
- Framing it Right- Get a head start by putting in place the right framework and institutionalise your water management practices.
- Tapping Technologies- Discover advanced technologies to lower water consumption in your company.
- Valuing the Precious- Water is too often considered a cheap and disposable resource. By valuing it rightly, businesses and the environment can reap substantive benefits.
Target profile for Spotlight 2019 delegates is as follows:
- Large non-domestic water users and their supply chain vendors (e.g. petrochemicals, oil, pharmaceutical, microelectronics, F&B;, textile sectors)
- Chief Sustainability Officers / Chief Supply Chain Officers / Chief Operating Officers who lead sustainability efforts and manage water risks
- Key decision makers, and utilities and process managers keen to learn about and adopt best practices in water management for Operational Excellence
- Lead R&D; and implementation for innovative water / wastewater technologies for industrial applications
Register your interest with your First and Last Name, Designation and Organisation at firstname.lastname@example.org today.