The Global Product Stewardship Council and its members invite you to our latest thought leadership forum featuring Adam Minter, the author of best-selling book Junkyard Planet. Adam is a third-generation scrap dealer turned journalist who’s spent over a decade living in Asia, examining recycling practices first-hand and sharing his insights.
The GlobalPSC and electronics recycler TES-AMM are pleased to provide this first Australian opportunity to hear and meet Adam Minter. Adam’s presentation will be followed by a panel discussion with Adam and other international experts on the implications of Adam’s insights for Australia. Participants will include:
- Anna Minns, General Manager TerraCycle Australia & New Zealand
- John Lingelbach, Executive Director of SERI
- Justin O’Sullivan, Executive Director – Sales Operations of Dell Australia
- Scientia Professor Veena Sahajwalla, Director of SmaRT Centre, UNSW Australia
- John Gertsakis, Chief Sustainability Officer of Infoactiv Group and Product Stewardship Advisory Group member
- Dr Helen Lewis, Principal of Helen Lewis Research and Australian Battery Recycling Initiative Chief Executive
Discussions will be facilitated by GlobalPSC CEO Russ Martin.
Join us to learn and discuss:
- How is economic growth in China driving demand for recycled materials?
- How does the global trade in recyclable materials affect recycling in countries like the US and Australia?
- How can we ensure responsible recycling practices, particularly for e-waste and plastics?
- How do changing economic conditions both help and hurt recycling and reuse, especially for electronics?
- What role will the informal sector play in the future of recycling?
- What are the implications of global material flows for product stewardship?
- What are incentives and drivers for incorporating Design for Environment and the circular economy in product stewardship?
Registrations are $275 (GST-incl) for non-members of the GlobalPSC and $125 (GST-incl) for GlobalPSC members. Registration and payment information is available here. A light lunch will be provided for registered attendees.