Certified LSS Black Belts have the ability to lead LSS projects and also provide expert guidance to other staff members in their LSS project work.
By integrating elements of Lean and Six Sigma organisations can successfully realise the full potential of both strategies. LSS enhances team problem solving with the use of statistical tools. It is a customer focussed, data driven approach to optimise products, processes and services. LSS is a proven pathway for enterprise-wide productivity improvement.
This programme is aimed at helping managers, engineers, technical staff, process owners, quality professionals, preferably diploma holders and above with minimum two years of work experience.
- Learn the Lean Six Sigma (LSS) methodology, tools and techniques.
- Acquire the knowledge and skills to implement LSS projects
- Be recognised as a LSS professional and expert coach to guide other staff members.
Week 1 - Define, Measure
- LSS overview and DMAIC roadmap
- LSS measurements
- Project selection and chartering
- Process mapping
- Basic tools/basic statistics
- Process behaviour charts
- Capability studies and baseline
Week 2 - Analyze, Improve, Control
- Failure mode and effects analysis
- Multi-vari studies
- Measurement System Analysis (MSA) for continuous variables
- Attribute agreement analysis
- Correlation and regression
- Design of Experiment (DOE)
- Control plan
Week 3 - Lean Thinking
- Lean principles and tools
- Value stream mapping
- Capacity planning
- Production planning
- Queuing theory
- Reducing 7 wastes through 5S
Week 4 - Change Management and Advanced Topics
- Leading change and effective team building
- Hypothesis testing
- Analysis of Variance (ANOVA)
- Advanced DOE
- Response Surface Methodology (RSM)
Week 5 - Design for Six Sigma and Advanced Topics
- Advanced process behaviour charts
- Non-normal capability analysis
- Non-parametric testing
- Evolutionary Operations (EVOP)
- Design for Six Sigma (DFSS)