Attendees will gain a good understanding of the key factors from an integrated, multidisciplinary and commercial viewpoint, including: target market analysis, economic competitiveness, channels-to-market, financing influences and risk, project development processes, best practices and emerging technologies.
The course schedule includes illustrations of key project development considerations, including energy yield, financial and other simple calculations, along with the chance to discuss key planning and market environment considerations.
In keeping with the business-focused theme of the course, these illustrative exercises are designed to provide time-efficient clarification of the key course takeaways, aimed at commercially-focused business developers and investors. They are therefore accessible to non-experts, not designed to replicate the complex or in-depth detailed planning undertaken – over much longer periods! – by engineers and technical teams.
- What makes a solar power plant?
- Solar resource assessment and project design
- Solar project development and delivery
- Selling solar power
- The economics and financing of solar power projects
Benefits of attending
- Speak the language of solar energy: terminology and concepts
- Understand the key variables determining the economics of solar PV projects
- Review current and emerging market opportunities for solar PV, including integrations such as energy storage
- Navigate the typical project development requirements, processes and risks
- Learn how financial returns and risks arise in PV projects
- Be better able to converse with project partners, suppliers, investors, policymakers and other stakeholders
- Know what to look for when evaluating PV project opportunities
- Identify key investment and project performance risks
- Analyse and critique current and emerging business models
“Excellent overview of renewables in the context of overall energy mix, and also details on specific renewable markets and technologies. Highly accomplished trainer with a broad knowledge and the right mix between slides and exercises.” - Crédit Agricole CIB
“This was one of my best spent weeks on training all year! A good and efficient way of getting an overview of the renewable energy sector. I found him very knowledgeable and enthusiastic in presenting the material, also enabling knowledge exchange between participants in the group. I really enjoyed his interesting lessons and the group work he provided for additional learning outcome. Thanks.” - Statkraft Development AS
“He represents a thoughtful and unbiased view in the realm of renewable energy. His insights are well reasoned, clear and, perhaps most importantly, backed up by hard numbers. Definitely a person I would turn to for guidance in this space.” - responsAbility Investments AG
Live online course: how it works
The structure of our virtual learning program is designed to keep the same levels of engagement and networking as our on-site public courses. Course content is delivered through our easy-to-use online learning platform and is supplemented by case studies and practical exercises.
Like our classroom-based public courses, you will have live interaction with our course facilitators and other participants. Our live online courses are led by our experienced instructors, who will provide you with easily digestible content, using knowledge learned from many years in the industry, during scheduled times. Delegates will receive copies of the course materials electronically.
To register/enquire, please contact:
E: media[at]infocusinternational.com | T: +65 6325 0210 | W: www.infocusinternational.com/solar-online