Forecasting, mitigating & managing the impact of extreme weather and climate change
InterMET Asia 2017 & Extreme Weather Expo is the only event in the Africa, Asia and Pacific regions dedicated to showcasing the innovative products and services that can meet the rapidly growing challenge of extreme weather and climate change for business and public services.
It takes place 21-22 March 2017 at Suntec, Singapore, and will mark the 4th edition of the event.
InterMET Asia is a unique marketplace that brings together the private and public sectors, from weather technology companies, and providers of forecasting services and insurance solutions, to weather affected businesses and service providers from every major sector across the economy and society. Not only does it highlight solutions to the risks and the hazards of extreme weather, it provides an expert insight into the commercial opportunities that are being opened up in this exciting area.
Co-located with InterMET in 2017 is the Extreme Weather Expo (EWEX) which is a timely new conference-led event focused on the design, engineering & funding of urban infrastructure that is resilient and adaptable to increasingly extreme and frequent weather and climate change events.
InterMET Asia brings together the global weather and climate industry with a senior audience from more than 45 countries under one roof for aunique networking and thought leadership opportunities.
InterMET Key features:
You are also invited to join us on LinkedIn and join our discussions in our fast growing InterMET group community with over 800 members. Join here at https://www.linkedin.com/groups/5135492
- International Exhibition Showcase: InterMET Asia’s tightly focused exhibition will showcase the very latest products and services from the hydro-meteorological and climate services industry designed for the needs of weather affected industries and climate services professionals.
- World-class conference: InterMET Asia will feature an international conference tailored to needs of the hydro-meteorology community in Africa, Asia and the Pacific regions.
- International support: InterMET Asia is part of a co-operation framework with the World Bank, Global Facility for Disaster Reduction and Recovery (GFDRR) and the World Meteorological Organisation. It is officially supported by Association of Hydro-Meteorological Equipment Industry, Met Office UK, Meteorological Services Singapore, National Environment Agency, Sustainable Energy Association of Singapore, Weather Risk Management Association, World Energy & Meteorology Council, International Society of Precision Agriculture, and Singapore Exhibition & Convention Bureau and the held in ‘Your Singapore’ campaign.
- Highly influential visitor audience from the private and public sectors including government environment agencies, national meteorological hydrological services, academic and scientific institutions and buyers from weather affected industries such as aviation, agriculture, energy, maritime, military, and transportation amongst others.
- There are plenty of “free to attend” elements in the shows such as: the international trade exhibition, a GFDRR special session, GFDRR Innovation Lab ‘ThinkHazard!’ campaign, Weather Risk Management Symposium, InterMET & Baron Hydrology Workshop and Weather Radar Workshop and the technical presentations in the exhibition area.
- Finally for the best of the show there are early-bird discounts for the main InterMET and Extreme Weather conference which include lunch and coffee breaks.