IIW brings together Indonesia’s leading infrastructure related exhibitions, conferences and seminars under one roof with the aim of supporting sustainable and inclusive development across all facets of Indonesia’s national infrastructure development agenda in land, sea and air. Hosting over 12,000 industry/government buyers and decision makers, this year will see a newly elected government of Indonesia concluding their first year in office, IIW’15 will once again deliver an unparalleled opportunity for infrastructure, construction, air/ sea ports and aviation as well as Telecommunication and ICT communities coming together strengthening existing relationships whilst cultivating new partnerships between the public and private sector from Indonesia and indeed the huge visitor numbers attending from around Asia and globally driving new business, with Indonesia as the hub for the ASEAN region.
WHY IIW AND WHY INDONESIA?
- Southeast Asia’s largest economy – (GDP of $1.1 trillion) (Ranking 16th in the world).
- Politically stable and reform minded government.
- Increase of national connectivity and sustainable infrastructure development across the 34 provinces.
- Indonesia relies heavily on public-private partnerships to advance their huge infrastructure programme agenda.
- 43 infrastructure projects worth USD 52 billion through private investors.
- State funded infrastructure projects USD 12 billion (National Budget - APBN 2015).
- Indonesia’s public infrastructure remains a major national challenge and could present significant opportunities in aviation, rail, ports and land transport, as well as in municipal infrastructure such as water supply and wastewater systems.
- Indonesia’s aviation market is growing at 20% per year. Aircraft, replacement parts and service are valuable and significant markets. Other needs are for airport construction and development, air traffic control and airport logistics services and ground support equipment. (Country Commercial Guide for U.S. Companies, 2014).
- A competitive and expanding market offers significant opportunities for IT, telecommunication equipment, software and technology providers in support of Indonesia Broadband Plan. These statistics reflect Indonesia’s resilience to the global financial crisis, the government’s skill in managing external credit-metrics and their ability to resolve domestic political challenges in the reform agenda. Economically strong, politically stable and reform minded, Indonesia is an emerging global powerhouse in Asia!
Several exhibitions, conferences, and seminars will be held concurrently during Indonesia Infrastructure Week 2016, including:
- IIICE‘16 - Indonesia International Infrastructure Conference and Exhibition 2016
- RGC’16 – Regional Governments Conference 2016
- CECI’16 – Connect Expo Comm Indonesia 2016
- NBCSS’16- National Broadband and Cyber Security Symposium 2016
- KI‘16 - Konstruksi Indonesia 2016
- AAI’16 – Airports and Aviation Indonesia 2016
- IAABF’16 – Indonesia Airports and Aviation Business Forum 2016
For complete information about IIW‘15, including the latest updates, please visit: www.indonesiainfrastructureweek.com
Sari Sande Riana
Publish your content with EB Premium
It's not about how many you reach. It's about who. Get your news, events, jobs and thought leadership seen by those who matter to you.