Accelerating Asia’s energy transition
Electricity and heat producers are the highest carbon-dioxide emitters in Asia. The majority of energy producers are implementing new business models, partnerships, and capabilities to decarbonise the energy system and meet increasingly ambitious targets and commitments.
What does this mean for energy companies, consumers, and investors in the region? Explore how emissions targets translate into tangible roadmaps for organisations to follow, and find out if countries in other regions will follow suit. Understand the measures that are needed to ensure the energy transition is fair.
The second annual Future of Energy Week will take place in person in Singapore and be livestreamed to an online audience of policymakers, business leaders, scientific experts and representatives of multilateral institutions. Economist Impact will bring together these experts to discuss the status and effects of the energy transition in the Asia-Pacific, along with the region’s role in defining the pace and scale of this global transformation.
Key questions to be discussed
- Is shifting the fossil-based systems of production and consumption to renewable energy sources enough and if not, what other structural changes are needed?
- How can energy-intensive industries such as aviation, shipping, steelmaking and cement manufacturing reduce their emissions and shift away from fossil dependency?
- The sector is in a quandary. How are international oil companies repositioning themselves?
- Are national oil companies responding fast enough to change?
- Which policy tools and frameworks can best support the energy transition in Asia?
- Which projects are investors banking on and what returns are they expecting?
- Hydrogen, nuclear, solar, wind and hydroelectric energy—each have their place, but which have the most promise and where do we go from here?
- What are the latest innovations in storage, power grids and decentralisation?
Join more than 4,000 policy and topic leaders and explore the impact an increasing global need for alternative energy will have on the industry.
Special offer for Eco-Business readers: 15% discount on standard rate using discount code FOEECO15.