Future Food Asia returns with an even more comprehensive scope in an expanded 1.5 day event. From the specific context of smallholder farmers to the most futuristic FoodTech innovations the event will reflect the breadth of challenges and solutions faced by the AgriFood industry in APAC.
In its first two years the Future Food Asia event has provided a much-needed springboard for the growing cohort of Asian agriculture and food entrepreneurs to develop new technology-enabled solutions.
In 2019, Future Food Asia continues to prioritise its core objective of rewarding and recognising leading AgriTech and FoodTech start-ups across Asia Pacific. Applicants of FFA2019 will compete for THREE prizes, with more than half of million dollars prize money in total.
- Four awards of SGD 50,000 for start-ups in the AgriFoodTech domain. Enterprise Singapore hopes to identify promising solutions having a relevance to Singapore and that can lead the industry into the future.
- Three start-ups will have the opportunity to have their pilot funded by ADB ventures with the grant having a total funding capability of USD 250,000.
- And like every year, the grand prize of USD 100,000 from ID Capital will be awarded to the most innovative start-up in the sector from Asia Pacific.
On the conference, the programme will be crafted to address three key themes:
- Smallholder farmers: Being home to over 85 per cent of the world’s smallholder farmers, they are the backbone of food production in Asia. What solutions can APAC entrepreneurs build to assist them with information & connectivity?
- Rising middle class: With increasing urbanization and evolving eating habits, Asia will need to increase food production by 70 per cent. Can innovation help feed the growing and more demanding middle class of Asia Pacific?
- Food 4.0: Eastern ingredients find their way in leading meat alternatives and Asian companies are an integral part of new tech such as AI and Blockchain. Which APAC startup will emerge as the unicorn in the FoodTech sector?
Conference Date: 3rd - 4th June
Startup Application: Application Form
Attendee Registration: Obtain Pass