Along with the rapid development of economy, consumption habits have been increasing faster than ever before. With the ease of online shopping, people can purchase anything they need online—from food, clothes, and skin care products, to intangible products and services. In addition, the diversity of products available is rapidly growing which further increases our appetite for mass consumption. We often have the attitude that this ease of consumption is a positive step forward, although it has massive implications on our environment.
Some questions we would be looking to answer through this forum are:
- How can we change our purchasing habits to lower our consumption?
- Where can we purchase items that have a lower impact on the environment?
- What can ethical manufacturers do if they wish to lower their impact?
- What are some innovative ways we can reuse and recycle products?
- What are the proven business models across the world?
- What are the challenges faced with by Chinese eco-business, and by consumers?
183 Jiaozhou Road,
Near Beijing West Road,
Jingan Temple Line 2 Exit 2