The strong deployment and practice of Carbon Neutral has contributed to global sustainability on the one hand, and posed a series of challenges for various industries on the other. As a low-carbon or even zero-carbon emission product, green steel is becoming one of the future themes of the steel industry, contributing to the achievement of carbon peaking and neutrality goals.
According to the World Steel Association’s Steel Demand Forecast report, global steel demand is expected to grow by 4.5 per cent to 1,855.4 million tons in 2021 and is projected to grow by a further 2.2 per cent to 1,896.4 million tons in 2022. Factors driving market demand include: steel has always played an important role in basic raw material, construction, automotive, machinery and other downstream industries are on the demand for special steel, global environmental policies tighten the requirements of high-quality steel development, and so on.
Meanwhile, there are many challenges, such as the enormous pressure to reduce emissions throughout the steel industry, the high cost of implementing innovative technologies and processes for carbon neutrality, and the high-quality control of steel by companies in the steel industry chain. Challenges also give rise to new opportunities. Hydrogen smelting steel gradually realises zero carbon steel making, and the recycling of renewable steel also brings out many new business opportunities and possibilities.
China Green Steel Summit 2022 will bring together about 120 experts and executives in steel industry to analyze how to build a comprehensive and complete green steel management system from the perspectives of technology, regulations and business models, to ensure the prosperous development of the steel industry. This summit will be an ideal platform for industry players to obtain the latest industry intelligence and seize industry business opportunities.
- Analysis of Green Steel Market under Carbon Peaking and Neutrality Goals
- How Do Steel Enterprises Participate in Carbon Trading
- Create a Low-carbon Circular Economy Industry Chain for Steel Industry
- Digital Transformation Enables Greater Sustainability of Green Steel
- Nuclear Hydrogen Accelerates the Era of Zero-emissions Steelmaking
- Fossil Fuel-Free ‘Green’ Steel, Reshape the Future of Steel
- Carbon2Chem Solution Achieves Multiple Uses of Carbon
- Steel Process Reengineering: Green and Efficient Smelting of Electric Arc Furnace
- Steel Requirements for Vehicle Carbon Neutrality in the Era of New Energy Vehicles
- Panel Discussion: The Importance of the Development of Green Steel Industry and Its Potential Chances and Business Opportunities
- Green Development Trends in the Global Steel Industry
- How Do Financial Industry Help Steel Industry Conserve Energy and Reduce Emissions to Achieve Climate Goals
ECV International is a leading organiser and contractor of high-end international business events in Asia, with nearly 200 professionals in industrial research and event planning & execution. We hold around 80 high-end summits every year which are involved in the fields of automotive, retail, textile, footwear, cybersecurity, hi-tech industry, etc.
We have served more than half of the Fortune 2,000 companies, and every year more than 6,000 delegates from multinational enterprises, specialised organisations and creative companies take part in our events, i.e. Daimler, Alibaba, Siemens, Microsoft, Huawei, VF Corporation, MSD, Fireeye, etc.
Our mission is to help our clients seize the development opportunity, meet current business challenges, and achieve sustainable development on a global scale through our professional services, and then, to further affect industry patterns and lead industry future.
Tel: +86 -21 - 8026 0707 ext 803
Phone: 13271915990 (WeChat)
Publish your content with EB Premium
It's not about how many you reach. It's about who. Get your news, events, jobs and thought leadership seen by those who matter to you.