About the Programme:
The programme is structured to cover the approach, strategies as well as solutions to waste heat recovery. It will include an analysis of waste heat recovery technologies currently available in terms of their economic feasibility and recovery efficiency as well as consideration and examination of new methods for recovery of waste heat.
The programme will also introduce participants to the US Department of Energy Process Heating Assessment and Survey Tool (PHAST), Steam System Modeler, monitoring and measurement aspects, new technologies, life cycle costing, and specific action plans and strategies to achieve energy efficiency.
At the end of the workshop, participants will be able to:
- Understand the approach to take in integrative design of waste heat recovery systems
- Identify opportunities for waste heat recovery through effective heat balance analysis and pinch analysis of steam systems, energy distribution systems and energy conversion
- Learn how to harness waste heat for industrial applications
- Learn the operational issues to consider when integrating waste heat recovery systems into steam systems
- Understand how to utilize waste heat recovery technologies (including limitations of current technologies) to design and manage a waste heat recovery system
- Perform cost-benefit analysis for installation of waste heat process systems by technology type
- Draw lessons from case studies on actual waste heat recovery projects
- Develop an action plan to achieve energy efficiency improvements
- Integrate continuous improvement into the operation of steam systems to achieve long-term energy efficiency targets
About the Trainer:
Dr Bhaskaran Gopalakrishnan is a Professor of Industrial and Management Systems Engineering (IMSE) at West Virginia University (WVU) and Director of the Industrial Assessment Center (IAC) funded by the US Department of Energy.
Who Should Attend
- Engineers, energy managers and plant managers working in industrial sectors such as refineries, petrochemicals, chemicals, waste management (incinerations plants), power generation, biomedical and food manufacturing sectors
- Energy services practitioners and consultants
This programme has been qualified 21 SCEM-PDUs. It is pending qualification of Continuous Professional Development Units by Professional Engineers Board (PEB), and Chartered Engineer (Singapore) Registry.
Date: 22 to 24 January 2018 (Mon-Wed)
Time: 9.00am to 5.00pm
Venue: Singapore Environment Institute, 1 Kay Siang Road, #09-01, Singapore 248922
Fees (inclusive of GST):
S$2,970.59 without grant
S$1,582.46 with grant*
*grant for Singapore Citizens/Permanent Residents
Regstration: To register, please click here.
Enquiries: Please contact SEI at 1800-2255 632 or firstname.lastname@example.org.