The 7th International Rice Genetics Symposium (RG7) will be held from 5 to 8 November 2013 at Dusit Thani Hotel in Manila, Philippines. Organized by the International Rice Research Institute (IRRI), the event is one of the world’s largest and most important rice research symposium. It provides an excellent learning and networking platform for rice researchers, experts and representatives from the public and private sectors to come together to share their expertise on issues of rice production.
The four-day symposium will feature top researchers, opinion leaders presenting in keynote lectures, paper presentation sessions, workshops, as well as an exhibition showcasing the latest technologies in the industry.
IRRI’s goals are to:
- Reduce poverty through improved and diversified rice-based systems.
- Ensure that rice production is sustainable and stable, has minimal negative environmental impact, and can cope with climate change.
- Improve the nutrition and health of poor rice consumers and rice farmers.
- Provide equitable access to information and knowledge on rice and help develop the next generation of rice scientists.
- Provide rice scientists and producers with the genetic information and material they need to develop improved technologies and enhance rice production.
Publish your content with EB Premium
It's not about how many you reach. It's about who. Get your news, events, jobs and thought leadership seen by those who matter to you.