The Asia Energy Security Summit is a Track II Diplomacy Initiative of IPPAI where government, industry leaders, regulators, policymakers, academicians and think tanks from across the world come together to discuss and debate issues relating to the entire energy spectrum, particularly the emerging issues and challenges in the energy landscape of Asia. The proceedings from the previous conclaves are carried forward for review and discussion.
This year, IPPAI will host the 6th Asia Energy Security Summit from March 1 – 3, 2016, at the Radisson Blu Resort, Goa, India. The key global events over the past one year have a certain amount of continuity in terms of happenings that shaped the previous year as well as certain tectonic shifts in the geopolitical arena, which are bound to have a significant impact in the overall global energy paradigm in the coming years. While on the one hand, the world witnessed a certain amount of lull in the Caucasus region, especially the Ukraine frontier, the turmoil and upheaval in the Middle East and North Africa, on the other hand, continue to escalate. The 6th Asia Energy Security Summit will focus on the geopolitical upheaval in the Middle East and the slowing down of key Asian economies and their impact on global energy economics. It would also explore the overall impact of a low oil price era that the world has been witnessing for over a year.
Topics to be discussed at the 6th AESS
- The new geopolitics of energy: developments and changing relations in the Gulf
- Depressed oil prices: challenges and opportunities
- Asia’s access to energy challenge in the Indian Ocean region
- Regulatory and policy challenges for cross-border trade of electricity in the SAARC region
- Connecting Tajikistan to Singapore through an integrated grid
- Hydro power potential of South Asia and the possible water related face-offs
- Alternative energy options for smart cities in Asia
- Protection of critical energy infrastructure from cyber attacks
Publish your content with EB Premium
It's not about how many you reach. It's about who. Get your news, events, jobs and thought leadership seen by those who matter to you.