The Eastern Himalayan Naturenomics™ Forum has brought together multiple streams of experts since 2013 , enriching the science, business and social practice behind the Balipara Foundation’s Rural Futures model for rewilding. The Forum serves as a platform for connecting new partners, identifying new areas and needs for intervention that the organisation can fulfil, connecting with new communities and young leaders interested in driving change in their communities.
Through the Ecology is Economy thematic, the 10th Eastern Himalayan Naturenomics™ Forum 2022 in Dhaka, Bangladesh from 11-13 December will bring together voices and experts from 25+ countries for charting a strategy and building action networks for rewilding degraded lands across the Eastern Himalayan region – including connecting interested investors and businesses to communities who can lead these rewilding programmes.
The Forum 2022 in Dhaka will focus on how Bangladesh and the Eastern Himalayas can make most of this opportunity through
- Integration of interdependence of Ecology and Economy
- Social, Economic, Environment and Enhanced Climate Resilience through the Delta Plan 2100 and Mujib Climate Prosperity Plan for development
- Valuation of Natural Assets
- Technology for Participatory Natural Asset Management
- Wellbeing : Building Bridges between Development and Conservation for Human Resilience
- Transboundary Ecological Diplomacy