The EAPF commissioned Trucost to assess and analyse sixteen of their active and passive equity investment portfolios, with regard to their exposure to the embedded carbon emissions within fossil fuel reserves held in their funds.
The analysis identifies:
- The absolute level of embedded carbon in the investment portfolios.
- The relative level of embedded carbon for the active portfolios.
- The most emissions intensive companies across the consolidated portfolios.
- The capital expenditure of the largest fossil fuel companies in the portfolio.
- Issues for funds in addressing carbon risk in investment portfolios.
- Areas for engagement with companies and regulators.