The REN21 Renewables 2011 Global Status Report shows that the renewable energy sector continues to perform well despite continuing economic recession, incentive cuts, and low natural-gas prices.
- Renewable energy supplied an estimated 16% of global final energy consumption
- Solar PV more than doubled thanks to declining costs
- Global Investments in Renewables Up Over 30% to a Record $211 billion
- Emerging and Developing Economies Increase Share of Policies, Investment, Supply and Use
- REN21 launches Renewables Interactive Map
The report was commissioned by REN21 and produced in collaboration with a global network of research partners. (www.ren21.net).
The report in full can be previewed at
Publish your content with EB Premium
It's not about how many you reach. It's about who. Get your news, events, jobs and thought leadership seen by those who matter to you.