Continued global growth of renewable energy in 2010
The REN21 Renewables 2011 Global Status Report shows that the renewable energy sector continues to perform well despite continuing economic recession, incentive cuts, and low natural-gas prices.
- Renewable energy supplied an estimated 16% of global final energy consumption
- Solar PV more than doubled thanks to declining costs
- Global Investments in Renewables Up Over 30% to a Record $211 billion
- Emerging and Developing Economies Increase Share of Policies, Investment, Supply and Use
- REN21 launches Renewables Interactive Map
The report was commissioned by REN21 and produced in collaboration with a global network of research partners. (www.ren21.net).
The report in full can be previewed at
Asia’s sustainability heads see some relief from reporting burdens this year, but articulating the financial value of social, …
The pop superstar claims she can offset the immense carbon footprint of her private jet but the only …
As city-state shuns heavy regulation and works with Big Tech to build AI tools, some say it could …
Procter & Gamble has responded to complaints that its recyclability claim on its packaging are misleading by making …
The classification of new coal-fired power plants as "transitional" undermines the credibility of the taxonomy and casts doubt …
The region leads the world in the growth of solar and wind certificate issuances. Such deals are helping …