Continued global growth of renewable energy in 2010
The REN21 Renewables 2011 Global Status Report shows that the renewable energy sector continues to perform well despite continuing economic recession, incentive cuts, and low natural-gas prices.
- Renewable energy supplied an estimated 16% of global final energy consumption
- Solar PV more than doubled thanks to declining costs
- Global Investments in Renewables Up Over 30% to a Record $211 billion
- Emerging and Developing Economies Increase Share of Policies, Investment, Supply and Use
- REN21 launches Renewables Interactive Map
The report was commissioned by REN21 and produced in collaboration with a global network of research partners. (www.ren21.net).
The report in full can be previewed at
Solar and wind are cheaper to build, but geothermal is more stable, generating constant power regardless of weather …
A post-pandemic consumer desire for ethically-produced clothing brands has spawned a raft of eco-conscious fashion labels in India. …
Officials of Cebu City, the country’s second biggest metropolis, signed a joint venture for a garbage incinerator to …
Former AVPN executive Outi Grüner is the company's first Singapore hire.
Recently leaked emails between fossil fuels majors and PR firms cast doubt over the sincerity of Big Oil …
'What does sustainability mean?' is the most Googled sustainability-related phrase of this year. Use of the word 'sustainability' …