UNEP FI will hold an online course for executives of finance institutions on Climate Change: Risks and Opportunities for the Finance Sector.
Dates: 15 October – 5 November 2012
The next UNEP FI Online Course on Climate Change: Risks and Opportunities for the Finance Sector will be held in October. The course aims to equip financial institution executives with fundamental knowledge on a variety of aspects at the interface of private finance, climate change, and climate regulation, as well as to provide support for the development of effective responses.
About UNEP FI
UNEP FI is a global partnership between UNEP and the financial sector. Over 200 institutions, including banks, insurers and fund managers, work with UNEP to understand the impacts of environmental and social considerations on financial performance.
Through peer-to-peer networks, research and training, UNEP FI carries out its mission to identify, promote, and realise the adoption of best environmental and sustainability practice at all levels of financial institution operations.
The main activities of UNEP FI are:
- Research on the “business case” of internalising environmental, social and government externalities
- Guidelines and other implementation tools
- Training and capacity building
- Participation in environmental policy-making fora
- International, national and regional seminars and conferences