BIOMASS WEST & CENTRAL AFRICA CONGRESS 2011 will convene at Accra, Ghana on 24th – 25th November 2011.
- Africa’s vast wood biomass resources make it an ideal supplier for green market-trading, especially to major US & European markets.
- Business opportunities and international foreign investment are key drivers for biomass industry.
- The Congress provides an ideal platform for global biomass buyers and suppliers with networking opportunities in the ECOWAS multi-billion dollar biomass markets.
- ECOWAS Regional Centre for Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency (ECREEE), Sustainable Energy Society of Southern Africa (SESSA), Southern African Bioenergy Association (SABA) and Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency Partnership (REEEP) are some of the leading associations supporting this congress.
- The congress will explore the strategic drivers of global biomass markets, investment assessment on ECOWAS Biomass opportunities, rural electrification, sustainable forestry, cogen technologies, regulatory & tariff developments, certification, shipping and logistics as well as many other complex and rapidly changing factors that impact wood biomass pricing and trade.
- Influential industry heavyweights to speak at the Congress include World Bank, KfW, AfriRen ECREE, Partners for Innovation, Abellon, NEPAD, Conpernicus Institute, African Biofuel and Renewable Energy Company, Institut supérieur des techniques of DRCongo , Forêts et de l’Environnement Burkina Faso , Vivus Renewables, Bionic Palm Limited.
- Executive Director of ECREEE Mr Mahama Kappiah has highlighted on the importance of biomass in the ECOWAS region “Biomass production and use is very crucial for the ECOWAS region since it accounts over 60% of the primary energy requirements of most ECOWAS member states. The Biomass Congress being organized by the Magenta Global group in Accra, Ghana on the 24 and 25 October 2011 is therefore very timely and ECREEE is proud to be associated with this event. It is our hope that, together with Magenta Group and other partners, ECREEE will find sustainable Bioenergy solution in the region”
- CEO of Magenta Global, Ms Maggie Tan, applauds the activities of ECREEE & Governments in West & Central Africa in harnessing the potential of biomass. “Biomass offers a huge opportunity for Africa in its move towards energy independence in general and green energy in particular. We invite all project partners and stakeholders to join us in Accra.”
- The event will be hosted at Golden Tulip Accra, Ghana
Magenta Global Pte Ltd
Media Contact:Ms Raj
Tel: +65 63912530/Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Event Website - http://www.magenta-global.com.sg/biomass2011/
Notes for Editor
About Magenta Global Pte Ltd - organizer
Magenta Global is a premier independent business media company that provides pragmatic and relevant information to government & business executives and professionals worldwide. The organization provides the opportunity to share thought-provoking insights, exchange ideas on the latest industry trends and technological developments with thought leaders and business peers. With a strong focus in emerging economies especially in Africa, Middle East & Central Asia, Magenta Global works in partnership with both the public & private sectors. www.magenta-global.com.sg
About ECREE – Supporting Organization
The ECOWAS Regional Centre for Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency (ECREEE) was established by the ECOWAS Commission with the support of Austria, Cape Verde, Spain and the technical assistance of UNIDO. The Centre commenced operations in November 2009 in Praia, Cape Verde, with the objective to create favourable framework conditions and enabling environment for renewable energy and energy efficiency markets in West Africa.
Publish your content with EB Premium
It's not about how many you reach. It's about who. Get your news, events, jobs and thought leadership seen by those who matter to you.