The World Climate Summit and Sustainia Awards will take place on 6 December 2015 in Paris. It is the 6th annual premier business, finance, and government event in parallel to the UNFCCC COP meeting.
This historic one-day summit is the final stage of the Road to Paris 2015 initiative: the global platform of business, finance, states, regions, and cities that will support the signing of a binding global climate change agreement at COP21 in Paris. It will showcase concepts, solutions, and collaborations for solving climate change and create green jobs and growth.
Hotel Potocki (Paris Chamber of Commerce), 27, Avenue de Friedland, Paris (near the Champs-Elysées)
During the World Climate Summit 2015 the overall objectives are to:
- Work with leaders from governments and business and international organisations to define solutions, actions and policies towards reducing the effects of climate change, and mitigating potential impacts
- Provide a global stage to showcase all the commitments and initiatives from the Road to Paris 2015 campaign and platform forum alongside the UNFCCC negotiations
- Hand all the Road to Paris 2015 commitments and the Paris Declaration to the UN and French presidency of the COP21 during a ceremony in the high-level week at the COP venue – Le Bourget.
The unifying themes of the Road to Paris are:
- There is a strong business case for climate change mitigation
- Solutions for climate change mitigation exist and need to be scaled
- Green finance exists and needs to be unleashed
- Climate change mitigation and economic growth are not mutually exclusive
- Global partnership across public and private sectors is the keystone for climate solutions
400 high-level business, finance and government officials
- Participate in the premier event of COP21 and network with business, finance, and government delegates
- Reach a targeted community of 26,000 climate stakeholders and build momentum with governments before the high-level week
- Showcase your commitments and present your announcements to global media and live during COP21 and to global media