Taking the lead for inclusion:
United to break the silence
Mexico City, 30-31 May 2019
Across the world, women’s leadership and full participation in economies and societies are critical to driving a sustainable future. The diversity of the Americas may position the region to thrive in the coming years if it can accelerate gender equality and harness the power of its ethnic and cultural differences. Leadership is needed to recognise and respond to the different experiences of women across the Americas whose voices are silenced by poverty, racism, violence and injustice. We believe that women and men must unite to break this silence and free women of all backgrounds to thrive, living without fear for their safety in their workplaces and communities.
How are women of the Americas shaping the societies, economies and environments in which they live, work and increasingly lead? They will need to foster unity and build on it: forging stronger partnerships between the public and private sector to tackle social and environmental issues facing our world, restoring trust in governments’ ability to respond to humanity’s challenges, and finding new ways to broker peace within and across communities and nations.
The first ever Women’s Forum Americas 2019 will gather 1,500 leaders from across the region and the world to collaborate on the ways women’s leadership can bring about an era of inclusion fit for the modern world. It will take place on 30-31 May 2019 in Mexico City, one of the largest cities in the world and a critical economic centre for the region. Leaders from business, government, global institutions and NGOs will convene to discuss how to unlock the potential of the Americas’ diversity and shape a future founded on sustainable and inclusive growth.
Highlights of Women’s Forum Americas include:
- 1000 influential business, institutional and political leaders from the Americas and beyond, gathering to engage in high-level debates and move towards concrete solutions
- Plenary and roundtable sessions, debate and workshops with more than 30 sessions and 100 speakers
- Networking opportunities including breakfast and lunch during the two days of the Forum
- High-level Special Delegations represented
- Access to the Women’s Forum Global Network of 10000 active members for a year; from the Women’s Forum past events – Women’s Forum Canada, Women’s Forum Singapore, and Global Meeting 2018, as well as the upcoming Women’s Forum Asia and Global Meeting 2019 in Paris.