Venue: Scuola Grande di San Giovanni Evangelista, Venice, Italy
The aim of the Venice 2018 Symposium is to focus on the advances made in the application of technologies for energy recovery from biomass and waste and to encourage discussion in these fields. The previous edition of the Symposium, held in 2016, was attended by nearly 550 scientists and operators from approximately 57 different countries.
Venice 2018 will be held in Venice, from 15th to 18th October 2018.
The seventh edition of the Symposium will feature: three days of scientific presentations; one day of guided technical tours at biochemical and thermochemical plants; six parallel oral sessions, poster sessions, startups sessions and an exhibition by companies working in the field.
Venice 2018 will include the following topics:
- A. Biomass and waste characterization as a potential energy source;
- B. Renewable fuel;
- C. Anaerobic digestion;
- D. Refuse-derived fuel / Solid recovered fuel;
- E. Thermal treatment;
- F. Economic aspects;
- G. Decision tools;
- H. Policies and Legal aspects;
- I. Climate change and Sink;
- J. Ecotoxicological aspects and Health issues;
- K. Public acceptance;
- L. Experiences and new developments;
- M. Developing countries.
Organisers: IWWG – International Waste Working Group/Eurowaste Srl