The Institute for Social Entrepreneurship in Asia (ISEA) will be hosting the Third Social Enterprise Advocacy and Leveraging Conference (SEAL Asia) Conference 2020 virtually on September 16-17, 2020.
SEAL Asia Conference shall convene more than 200 representatives from the leading social enterprises and social enterprise resource institutions, civil society, businesses and governments who are engaged and interested in assisting the social enterprise sector recover amid COVID19 and enable social entrepreneurship and cross-sectoral collaboration as a means of implementation to build back better and achieve the SDGs.
The core participants shall be social entrepreneurs and social intrapreneurs from ISEA’s network and Schwab Fellows who have exhibited best practices in their respective contexts, and key civil society organizations and networks that have an interest to integrate social entrepreneurship in their strategies to build back better and accelerate the SDGs.
During the conference, our distinguished speakers will engage with an ASEAN audience in wide-ranging dialogues from food security, resilience, and women empowerment in agricultural value chains, rural revitalization, youth and social entrepreneurship, health for all, decent work for all in sustainable value chains, and technological innovations for sustainable development, among others. The virtual conference will also look at the opportunities in a rapidly developing region in crisis, and how to seize them.
Speakers at the SEAL Asia Conference 2020 will include:
- Armida Salsiah Alisjahbana, Executive Secretary, UNESCAP
- Mary Grace Poe-Llamanzares, Senator, Republic of the Philippines (invited)
- William Dar, Secretary, Department of Agriculture (Philippines)
- Sita Sumrit, Head of Poverty Eradication and Gender Division and Assistant Director of the Human Development Directorate, ASEAN Secretariat
- Jong Tae Yoon, Chief Director, Korea Social Enterprise Promotion Agency
- Jonathan Wong, Chief, Technology and Innovation, UNESCAP
- Raijele Nicole, Regional Director in the Pacific, Oxfam
- Wen Tiejun, Professor and Executive Dean, Southwest University, China/ Thought Leader, New Rural Reconstruction Movement, China
- Luis Dumlao, Dean, John Gokongwei School of Management, Ateneo de Manila University and ISEA Chairperson
- Ben Suzuki, Director, Japan Foundation Manila
- Marie Lisa Dacanay, Ph.D., founding President, ISEA and Social Innovation Thought Leader of the Year 2019 Awardee of the Schwab Foundation for Social Entrepreneurship
- Vie Reyes, CEO of Bote Central and Acting President, Philippine Coffee Alliance
- Vitoon Panyakul, Executive Director and Co-Founder, Earth Net Foundation/ Green Net Cooperative
- Erin Sweeney, Manager, Sustainable Business and Investment Manager, Grow Asia
- Bishwa Nath Tiwari, Programme Specialist, UNDP Asia and the Pacific
- Chetna Sinha, Founder-Chairperson, Mann Deshi Bank & Mann Deshi Foundation, India
- Nasyith Majidi, Chairman, Yayasan Dompet Dhuafa, Indonesia (Health for All)
- Kanika Ahuja, Director, Conserve India (Decent Work for All in Sustainable Value Chains)
- Lanying Zhang, Director, Sources for Action Center (Rural Revitalization, Youth and Social
- Howard Ling, Founder, Chappie Tech, Hong Kong (Technological Innovations for Sustainable Development)
- Ken Ito, Regional Head (East Asia), Asia Venture Philanthropy Network, Japan
- Rini SupriHartanti, Wakil Ketua III, Baznas, Indonesia
- Laina Greene, Co-Founder, Angels for Impact
- Savindra Ranathuga, UNDP
- Rosalyn Mesina, UN Women
- Kelvin Sergeant, ILO
- Shivani Kannabhiran, OECD
We invite our media friends to join us and help amplify the crucial discussions happening during the two-day conference. We value the media’s contribution in moving the needle and constructively engaging with governments and the business sector for a resilient and sustainable future for women and men in agricultural value chains.
We look forward to your participation and coverage!
Programme and Development Cooperation Specialist