Renewable Energy & Energy Efficiency: Pathways Toward a Low-Carbon Philippines 2030
In collaboration with Asia-Pacific Basin for Energy Strategies (APBest) and Philippine Energy Efficiency Alliance (PE2), the 1st Philippine Clean Energy Summit serves as a platform to explore emerging developments in the Philippine energy sector while providing an excellent opportunity for its participants to listen to the country’s policy-makers and clean energy’s major players as they discuss core themes arising in the energy industry, including:
- How can renewable energy and energy efficiency be positioned to guide the energy market along a low-carbon development pathway?
- How can clean energy sources in both the supply and demand-sides of the energy market ensure affordable and reliable energy for the country?
- How can the energy market swiftly reconcile the needs to meet rising energy demand while reaching development goals and complying with climate agreements?
- How soon can the country’s energy mix be “green” enough to lead a transformation toward a low-carbon economy?
- What market and policy gaps persist that are in the way of a major scaling up of renewable energy and energy efficiency investments?
- What innovative technologies, business models and market reforms should be deployed much sooner for the country to meet its balanced development objectives?
Held on 13 October 2016 at Sofitel Philippine Plaza in Manila, Philippines, the 1st Philippine Clean Energy Summit also brings together renewable energy and energy efficiency leaders and visionaries, government officials, business executives, policy experts, investors and other concerned stakeholders across the energy sector to network and create an in-depth understanding of the alternative paths open to the Philippines’ massive clean energy supplies in order for the country to secure greater energy independence, improved quality of life and sustainable economic growth.