About the course
Sustainability reporting is a listing requirement on many stock exchanges, and increasingly becoming a standard expectation. But producing a report is only one part of the process, to do so companies are expected to have put some key steps in place in order to communicate Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) performance to investors, customers, business partners & regulators.
Paia has been involved in over 150 sustainability reports and has successfully trained over 1,200 participants in sustainability reporting, many of whom have recommended colleagues for our future runs.
We successfully simplify the process, guiding you through step by step on the key requirements, giving practical examples of how to overcome potential hurdles in the process. By the end of the day you will have a clear understanding of what is required and how to go about producing a report in line with SGX guidelines.
During the course we share case study examples, both local and global, and provide guidance on how to implement the guidelines in practice. Our training is based on our depth of hands on expertise in producing award winning sustainability reports.
The course is relevant to companies that are considering reporting, either within the Annual Report, as a separate standalone Sustainability Report.
By the end of the course, participants should feel very confident in how to prepare a best practice Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) sustainability report using the GRI Standards.
- Introduction to Sustainability & Reporting.
- SGX reporting guidelines and what’s required.
- SGX requires companies to apply a reporting frameworks – what are the frameworks available, and which one should we use? Covering GRI Standards, IIRC Integrated Reporting Framework & SASB.
- In depth walk through of the steps to be taken when preparing a sustainability report.
- Disclosures that all companies are expected to meet – practical examples of what to expect and how to compile data.
- Stakeholder Engagement – reporting requirements, expectations & practical examples.
- Materiality in depth & exercises.
- What performance data is expected and how to compile it.
- Planning a report – practical steps to take away.
- Exercise focusing in on what makes a good report.
Who should attend?
Those who are new to the Global Reporting Initiative sustainability reporting process, or reporters who may need some extra tools to help them along. It can often be of benefit to have more than one person from the same organisation attend the workshop, as sustainability reporting is multi-disciplinary in nature, and it helps to have more than one person with GRI knowledge as support. Our participants come from a broad spectrum of sustainability focused areas of the organisation.
Which organisations and sectors should attend?
All organisations should consider preparing a sustainability report. Reporting allows you to refine your business processes and better communicate your sustainability activities. Participants span the financial, engineering, transport/logistics, property development, utilities, paper products, government, consultants, IT, education and more.
The workshop runs from 9am till 5pm. Lunch is provided and refreshments are provided throughout the day.
Participants will receive a Certificate of Attendance.
Paia Consulting is a Data Partner and Gold Community Member of the Global Reporting Initiative. Paia’s training is delivered by individuals who have unparalleled depth of hands-on expertise in reporting locally.
Publish your content with EB Premium
It's not about how many you reach. It's about who. Get your news, events, jobs and thought leadership seen by those who matter to you.