Each week over a period of 8 weeks (+1 introductory session) you will join an online tutorial session to discuss and contextualise your studies and with a course instructor and peers. Then between online tutorial sessions you will complete a series of workplace based tasks which build together into your whole-of-organisation Carbon Management Response Plan.
Download digital workbooks containing all the tasks you need to complete, once you have completed each workbook you upload it into the e-Learning platform to receive feedback from your assigned instructor.
At the end of the 9 weeks you will pull together all of your workbook tasks into a draft Carbon Management Response Plan (CMRP) which you will present as a 5 minute talk to your instructor and peers.
Then over the following 4 weeks you will be able to use constructive feedback to hone your CMRP and finish off your workbook tasks.
This course takes you from the science and background of climate change impacts and recognising sources of greenhouse gas emissions through measuring and assessing carbon emissions, recognising opportunities for improving energy productivity onto building - and more importantly - implementing a whole of organisation carbon management response plan to help your organisation performance manage its carbon emissions.
Access your study notes whenever and wherever suits you.
12 Units of Competence covering the 3 areas of carbon management:
Science and Background
- Climate change impacts and recognition of greenhouse gases
Measurement and Assessment
- Measure carbon emissions
- Evaluate Carbon reduction and renewable energy options
- Measure and monitor a carbon footprint
- Source, evaluate and purchase carbon offsets
- Cogeneration opportunities
- Carbon Life Cycle Analysis (LCA)
Planning and Implementation
- Evaluate, select and implement a greenhouse gas abatement program
- Work area Carbon Action Plans (CAP)
- Develop and communicate a workplace Carbon Management Response Plan (CMRP)
- Implement and monitor a CMRP
- Marketing and promoting carbon emissions claims
Total Certificate IV Course Cost is AUD$1,882