How might your life be better with less?
Green Initiatives’ 71st film screening, Minimalism: A Documentary About the Important Things, examines the many flavors of minimalism by taking the audience inside the lives of minimalists from all walks of life—families, entrepreneurs, architects, artists, journalists, scientists, and even a former Wall Street broker—all of whom are striving to live a meaningful life with less.
During this event, we will also officially launch RE:FORM, our new project that aims to collaborate with a variety stakeholders and most importantly, consumers, to drive change towards conscious fashion.
China produces about 70,000kg of textile waste each day, with less than 10% of textile waste from bigger cities being recycled. The need to reduce textile waste is absolutely urgent. Reusing, and recycling of used textiles are both alternatives to the production of new clothes and have immediate positive environmental impact. However, neither can replace the change that needs to come from within us i.e., Reform, to reduce our environmental footprint.
Change starts with what we wear!
- 18:00-19:00 Registrations and networking
- 19:00-19:15 RE:FORM project launch and short film screening
- 19:15-19:30 Brief discussion about the project and community action
- 19:30-20:30 MINIMALISM film screening
- 20:30-21:15 Q&A/Discussions and networking
- Entrance fee of ¥50 for all registered guests, that includes snacks, juice and beer. ¥100 at-the-door for non-registered guests.
- ¥20 for students and interns (limited seats), with PRIOR REGISTRATION and student card.
Register here : http://greeninitiatives.cn/event/film-haworth-feb2017