Join us on Wednesday 2 April for a special ‘Meet the Stars’ event, as we tour the Bowden site and meet the team behind this landmark Green Star – Communities project.
Hear from speakers with diverse project perspectives, including Renewal SA, D Squared Consulting and Williams Burton Architecture as they reveal their successes and project challenges, including:
- translating a vision for the precinct into reality
- communicating sustainability initiatives to the residential market
- fostering a sense of community
- Chris Menz, Project Director, Renewal SA
- Andrew Bishop, Manager, Sustainability Project Delivery, Renewal SA
- Deborah Davidson, Director, D Squared Consulting
- David Burton, Director, Williams Burton
Located on the northwest edge of the Adelaide City Parklands, Bowden is a landmark development by the South Australian Government and one of the first projects to target a 5 Star Green Star – Communities PILOT rating.
This visionary project is a mixed-use medium to high density development which will include more than 2,400 apartments and terraces and will eventually be home to up to 3,500 residents. Bowden is also aiming to achieve a 5 Star Green Star Design rating or higher for each and every building within the development. The project is off to a great start, earning its first 5 Star Green Star – Office Interiors v1.1 rating for the Bowden Information and Sales Centre, which is the first of its kind to achieve certification.
With clear leadership, strong community engagement and measurable goals in place, Bowden is set to become a truly sustainable and prosperous urban environment for South Australians.