33rd Annual Conference of the International Association for Impact Assessment
13-16 May 2013 | Calgary Stampede BMO Centre | Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Abstracts for both paper and poster submissions are invited through 31 December 2012. For more information and to sign up to receive updates about this conference please visit www.iaia.org/iaia13. IAIA conferences are interdisciplinary, and more than 800 delegates from over 90 nations are expected to attend.
The IAIA13 theme focuses on how impact assessment (IA) itself will evolve in Canada as well as in the rest of the word as we face global changes (e.g., climate change, biodiversity loss, soil degradation and loss, ocean productivity changes, loss of aboriginal cultures, and more) as well as changes in IA regulations and procedures. The “next generation” refers to both a new generation of practitioners and new approaches to IA practice.
A sample of proposed sessions include:
- Engaging aboriginal communities in IA and mitigation
- Emerging good practices in responsible oil and gas operations
- What gets measured gets managed: applications of IA for corporate responsibility
- Designing and implementing strategies for a biodiversity action plan
- Guidelines and tools for integrating climate change in IA
- To be or not to be? Alternatives analysis in impact assessment
- Using health impact assessment to achieve sustainable goals
- Consulting and engaging indigenous communities in the extractive sector
- International Guidelines for SEA: the next generation
Many more session topics are proposed, along with training courses, technical visits, and networking opportunities. To see the preliminary program, submit abstracts, sign up for up-dates or register, go to www.iaia.org/iaia13/. We welcome your participation!
Publish your content with EB Premium
It's not about how many you reach. It's about who. Get your news, events, jobs and thought leadership seen by those who matter to you.