The essential guide to opportunity and risk within emerging EV charging value chains
Even without the rapid growth of EVs, our current power systems are in the midst of a disruptive transition towards cleaner, diversified and more flexible structures. If a transition from internal combustion engines (ICE) to electric vehicles (EVs) is to be achieved, what will be the impact on these systems? What are the barriers to scale and which solutions (and hence market opportunities) will be essential?
This course provides a comprehensive introduction to the multi-sector issues that must be understood and integrated, plus the competitive battles ahead, including: technology status and trends, management of electricity demand & supply, charging network players and competitors, consumer behaviour influences.
- The EV market and its bulk impact on electricity systems
- Charging challenges, smart charging and EVs as grid assets
- Value chain convergence and technology disruption
Benefits of attending
- Quantify the variables which will determine the impact of EVs on electricity supply
- Identify the key barriers to widespread EV integration and growth, from a power system perspective
- Assess where and how EVs can help the grid, through smart charging and Vehicle-to-Grid (V2G) solutions
- Get up-to-date on the most significant value chain activities and pilot study findings
- Analyze and segment the competitive landscape for EV charging
- Understand and discuss which future technologies, behavioural trends and policy influences will be crucial to creating long-term, sustainable business models
“This was one of my best spent weeks of training all year! I found him very knowledgeable and enthusiastic in presenting the material, also enabling knowledge exchange between participants in the group. Thanks.” - Statkraft Development AS
“The course was well researched, interesting and on point.” - Tullett Prebon
“Very well-organised class with excellent trainers. Impressive!” - Bangkok Cogeneration Co.
“He is a professional trainer with excellent presentation skills. He is able to make simple presentations of complex issues and has a very good knowledge of renewable energy matters. I highly recommend him as a trainer!” - IDETA
Publish your content with EB Premium
It's not about how many you reach. It's about who. Get your news, events, jobs and thought leadership seen by those who matter to you.