The course will focus upon CSR in international development and its practical implications. Starting from a discussion on what is CSR and Sustainability all about, we shall start with a clear and useful definition to help you understand the maze of terms that are being used as well as how they link to other concepts such as those defined by ISO26000, the EU, the UN Global Compact etc. The course will cover CSR strategy and how it links to practical conditions in emerging market economies with examples taken from large companies as well as small. Delegates will leave the course with a clear idea of how to implement CSR and Sustainable Development in projects and programmes from community development, to employment creating programmes to their own chosen projects.
This course will teach you all the available techniques and how to practically apply them through the extensive use of case studies. The course is highly interactive with delegates learning from each other as much as from the instructor. A choice of case studies will be offered and delegates can choose the ones most appropriate to their own needs and requirements – for instance working wth a case study that understands how communities can be involved to reduce risk using the experience of the BP Baku-Tiblisi- Ceyhan pipeline or seeing how sustainable development can be promoted in case studies of BAT in Bangladesh, South Africa and/or Sri Lanka.
Who Should Attend
This course is designed for delegates who are seeking to improve their CSR and sustainable development skills in emerging markets:
- Corporate executives working on CSR in different cultural contexts
- NGO leaders who are implementing development projects around the world and seek to know how to increase their sustainability
- Government civil servants who wish to further their knowledge of CSR and sustainability in implementing development projects and programmes
- Directors and business development executives from corporates, equity sponsors and consultancies wishing to reduce risk in their projects and programmes in emerging markets
- SRI finance managers looking for projects to invest in
- Accountants and Lawyers who wish to evaluate emerging market projects and programmes
- Professionals looking to change their focus to be more involved in promoting development while understanding how these can be profitable for companies, NGOs and Governments
Publish your content with EB Premium
It's not about how many you reach. It's about who. Get your news, events, jobs and thought leadership seen by those who matter to you.