Agriculture has been the backbone of human civilisation for thousands of years. As the world population continues to grow, from the current 7.6 billion to 8.6 billion in 2030 and 9.8 billion in 2050, the demand for food and natural resources is rapidly increasing.
This demand poses significant challenges to the agriculture sector, which must produce more food with limited resources, while also addressing the challenges of climate change and environmental sustainability. In response, there has been a growing movement towards smarter, more sustainable, and self-sufficient agricultural practices, utilizing new technologies such as the Internet of Things (IoT), Remote Sensing and Geographical Information Systems (RSGIS), Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), etc., to improve yields and reduce waste.
This professional training program will orient agriculturalists, government officials, policymakers, and development partners on viable and efficient strategies for sustainable agriculture through smart and precision farming practices, along with the application of cutting-edge technologies and IoT. The participants, with a responsibility or interest in the intersection of ICT, digital transformation, and agriculture across the globe, will have ample opportunities to listen and interact with experts from the technology field as well as experts who are applying those technologies in the agricultural sector.
Lessons learned from demonstrations/field practices and real-world application of technologies will be a vital part of this training program. The program will be held in Thailand and coordinated by AIT Extension of the Asian Institute of Technology (AIT).
- Introduction to Climate-Smart Agriculture & Technological Interventions
- Improving Crop Productivity Using Innovative Agricultural Technologies: South and Southeast Asian Perspective
- Climate Resilient Sustainable Agriculture: A Real Alternative to False Solutions
- Digital Agricultural Technologies: Application of Internet of Things (IoT) & Sensors Technology for Crop Management
- Drone Technology: Introduction to Drones and Sensors, Planning and Execution of Drone Flight Surveys
- Experiential Learning on Digital and Smart Agricultural Devices: pilot demonstration and large-scale production
- Exposure Visit on Sustainable and Integrated Farming Practices using Technological Interventions and Innovations in Thailand
- Exposure Visit Model Smart Farm and Small-Scale Farming Practices using Cutting-Edge Technology to Combat Climate Change in Thailand
- Brainstorming on key takeaways, action planning & way forward
Training design: The training program will include technical input sessions, interactive lectures, practical sessions and field exercises/workshops, Key Learning Points (KLP), Group Action Plan/Project (GAP), experience sharing sessions and exposure visits to organisations and farmers’ plots practicing Climate Resilient, Smart and Sustainable Agriculture using cutting-edge technologies and IoT.
Training fee: USD 1,500