About the Course
2020 saw the largest increase of net zero climate commitments by governments, regulators and businesses – all against a backdrop of a global pandemic.
There has been a threefold increase in the number of businesses that have set net-zero goals since the end of 2019. 1,565 companies, representing over US$ 12.5 trillion in revenue have set net-zero targets. The likes of Microsoft, Apple, Ford, Blackrock and Temasek have all stepped up to take action. Governments from 826 cities and 103 regions across every continent have made climate commitments, encompassing a total population of 880 million people – about 11 per cent of the global population.
In 2020, Singapore also submitted its enhanced Nationally Determined Contribution (NDC), announcing commitments to peak emissions by 2030 and halve absolute emissions by 2050. The Government has also set aside S$49 million for low-carbon research.
With this, comes an increasing expectation on business to better manage their emissions and demonstrate action on climate change. With many frameworks, guidelines and regulations that are constantly being expected, managing GHG emissions for an organisation, large or small, can be a daunting and complex task.
In this course, offered in-person and online, we will first introduce climate change fundamentals, the global and local regulatory and industry landscape of climate action and emissions management, with a focus on carbon emissions. With clear, relevant examples and case studies, we will then deep dive into various steps and strategies of carbon management – covering topics such as accounting for Scope 1, 2 & 3, offsets, and more.
Takeaways of the course include how to:
- Understand the fundamentals of climate change and its regulatory and industry landscape
- Familiarise with best practices expected in carbon management for an organisation
- Be equipped with tools and strategies to measure and reduce emissions, with a focus on carbon
- Understand how to extend this across the value chain and to business partners
- Setting and communicating targets
Who should attend
- Companies looking to improve embark on their carbon management and climate action strategy
- Companies seeking to be better positioned to mitigate climate risks and capture low-carbon opportunities
- Experts in Sustainability, Procurement, Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) Departments, Corporate Communication, Marketing, Public Relations, Social Responsibility, Investor Relations & External Affairs
- Company executives looking to strategically incorporate sustainability and climate considerations into business
We are currently offering two sessions of this course in two formats, to cater to individual preferences:
Wednesday, March 3, 2021 | 9am-5pm Full day Face to Face | $450
Wednesday, March 3, 2021 | 9am-5pm Full day Online | $405
Participants will receive a Certificate of Attendance.
About the trainers
Over the past decade, Paia has successfully conducted over 100 carbon assessments for SE Asian clients, using the GHG Protocol methodology. We have helped companies assess their financial risk exposure from climate change (TCFD), and set targets aligned to the science of climate change (Science Based Targets). Through this, we support companies in their journey to better understand, manage and report their climate risks and carbon emissions.
Paia Consulting is a Gold Community Member of the Global Reporting Initiative. Paia’s training is delivered by individuals who have unparalleled depth of hands-on expertise in reporting locally.